• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Discs on my new laptop

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install my ADobe Creative Suite 5 Master Collection onto a new laptop (MacBookair) i am getting a message telling me that the install needs to be updated. I am not an IT person at all. can anyone hlp me please? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@adriana18683481 

Here are the requirements for CS5, including MacOS v10.5.7 or v10.6

https://www.adobe.com/store/en_us/popup/software/photoshop5extended/systemreqs.html

Apple closed us out of older applications (again). CS5 will not run on macOS14 Sonoma

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-sonoma-compatibility-common-issues.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, not sure i understand. you telling me that i am not able to upload it? At all? how is that fair? 

it cost me a lot of money to buy in the first place and now i cant upload ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

upload??? that makes no sense

download you can do, but that won't help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPloading is to copy a file FROM your computer TO an Internet site

DOWNloading is to copy a file FROM an Internet site TO your computer

INSTALLING is running the install/setup program to put a program ON your computer

CS5 will not install on a new Mac... which is Apple's decision to not allow old programs to run

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, not sure i understand. you telling me that i am not able to upload it? At all? how is that fair? 

it cost me a lot of money to buy in the first place and now i cant upload ? 

By @adriana18683481

I may have lost count, but I think this is the fifth time Apple has upgraded their OS and locked us out of earlier applications. Unfair? I won't disagree, but over the years I expect it now. Since being on the Adobe forums, I've seen Windows users can install older versions on newer a newer OS. It's only Apple that locks us out.

Your choices are:

• keep your older computer and keep running CS5 on your old OS until something unexpectedly breaks
  • install software such as parallels and install both an older macOS and CS5
    (I haven't tried this; I've only used Parallels with Windows on my Mac)
  • Subscribe to Adobe Creative Cloud. Adobe apps have been subscription only since 2013. Subscription is all that is being sold currently, as perpetual licenses a now a thing of the past.

Creative Cloud (annual plan) is on sale for 40% off through March 3, then reverts to regular pricing after the first year:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/campaign/pricing.html

If you only want Photoshop, there is a deeply discounted annual Photography plan, payable monthly at $9.99 with 20GB storage space
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Filter to Individual (top nav) and Photo (side nav)

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Newer versions of macOS cannot run most older applications for multiple reasons. CS5 was released in 2010 and is now obsolete. You can buy a subscription license to Creative Cloud which will work on your new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unless your new laptop has a very old os, you can't install cs5 (or any 32 bit software) on a 64 bit only os.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines