• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing for single Mac User Account

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to install Photoshop/Lightroom on my Mac, but I'd like to create a second Mac User so that all of the Adobe bloatware/crap is not installed on my audio production environment. Is this possible? Or does it install for all users on the machine at once?

Alternatively, is there a way to install JUST the apps of Photosthop and Lightroom, without all the Adobe crap?

Thx

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second user account would still need access to the Creative Cloud app and other necessary Adobe apps that run in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bob, but I that doesn't quite answer it. The question I'm asking is whether an install on that second user puts all that "necessary" junk on the primary user account as well, or if it is only per user.

I ask specifically because all of the "necessary" marketing goop interferes with my daily work by popping up nags, and interferes with the realtime performance of the machine by running loads of processes 24/7. Additionally, said processes make troubleshooting other apps entirely too time consuming, as it takes time to weed through all of the trash processes that Adobe creates...none of which actually do anything of use to me as a user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The applications and services only get installed once.

Each user would access them as they are logged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines