• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing PSE 2022 - Various dll Errors, CustomHook_HD_PSE.exe

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I am trying to install Photoshop Elements 2022 on a new computer after PC Mover failed to successfully transfer it (files were missing).  PC Mover also failed to transfer several old versions of Microsoft Visual C++.  When I tried to install Elements I received error messages about CustomHook_HD_PSE.exe system error and it said that several dll files were missing (it mentioned I think 3 dll's, a different one each time I clicked).  I tried to download some dll's and put them in the Elements folder but I still can't get the installation to work.  The error messages end with "We are unable to install Adobe Photoshop Elements 2022 this time:  Error code 183" and the only available messages were a link to get help on the web and quit.  Also, (I don't know if this matters) but I am installing to the D drive as the C drive is a solid state drive and has only 256 gb while the D drive has 2 tb.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

never "move" adobe programs.  if you can undo what's been done, you have a greater chance of success when you properly install.

to properly install, use the installation file (Download Adobe Photoshop Elements | 2022, 2021) and your serial number (for serialized products like pse).

save your installation file for future use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Thank you for your response.  I have tried to install using the installation file and I'm unable  to because of what I mentioned above.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to undo whatever you did when you "moved" adobe programs.

you may be able to use the cleaner tool for this, Use the CC Cleaner Tool for installation issues (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I contacted Adobe and they directed me to a different download file and it works!  Thanks for your time and help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines