• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insufficient disk space on Elements 2021 despite 20G + free?

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the insufficient disk space error even though I've cleared up 23GB free on C:.
All the other drives are well over 100 Gb free.

How much is really needed? 
I've cleared up the temp-folder, uninstalled unnecessary programs och run CC. Still no luck

Any ideas? 

Trying to install both:
PhotoshopElements_2021_LS30_win64
PremiereElements_2021_LS31_win64

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the mention specifically mention "scratch space" or "scatch disk"? 

If, large images or complex edits will use 20GB in no time at all. This is a system about to fail, if it is so full.

If you have other disks you can choose one or more of them to use instead, for scratch space, in Preferences.

Or... is this message happening during install? Then the disk really is filling up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening when I try to start the installer. Regardless of what hard drive the installer is on I get the same message.
Was planning to use a different drive as scratch disk when I've completed the install but I can't even start the *.exe 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installers need a good deal of space on C, for temporary files and common files, even if you get the chance to install the app somewhere else. There is a fashion among PC makers of giving a tiny C drive, but it's a disaster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kinda sucks but I guess that's life... 100 Gb hard drive that ONLY has win10 on it can't install photoshop because it lacks disc space... Horrible 🙂 
Thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines