Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internet connection for Adobe

New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I am going to telework and I will have an ADSL internet connection. Is this enough to work on the Adobe suite (Indesign, photoshop and Illustrator)
Thank you for your reply.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be fine, unless you want to download/upload assets on the cloud. I would say either disable automatic updates in Creative Cloud App or disable the launch of Creative Cloud App at login. Infact you should be able to use the applications offline as well for around 90 days.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bear in mind the software installs, including updates are often over a gigabyte. This may take a lot of time. Saying it is ADSL will not tell you whether it will be a good experience, as the speed can vary a lot - according to distance and how much you pay - just like other forms of broadband.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using adobe's apps does not utilize any internet traffic.

installing adobe's cc desktop app and programs, updating adobe's cc desktop app and programs and using adobe's cc services (eg, synching local files with adobe's cc servers) uses your internet connection

the 2 previous commenters above address issues arising from the 2nd paragraph, but i have a sense that you may be concerned about using adobe apps (eg, id, ps, ai) and the first sentence addresses those non-issues.  ie, you should have no problem using adobe apps.

periodically the cc desktop app checks to see that your subscription is current, but that is episodic (once per month with a monthly paid subscription and once per 100 days with an annual) and engenders little traffic even when it occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Audition, and occasionally other Adobe apps, but don't use any cloud storage or syncing. My performance is fine.

I have a slow DSL connection (1-3 Mbps).  Downloading updates takes a while, but I do those manually overnight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines