Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internet connection problem with Creative Cloud

Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to download a trial of Photoshop via Creative Cloud I continuously get an error message of no Internet connection (This is not the case). Can anybody help

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

paulmoynagh,

Solution #1

Check the 'hosts" file for adobe entries. if you could see adobe entries there follow the below mentioned steps.

1. Go to the 'Hosts' file location.

WIN : C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

MAC: Go to finder menu on the top  > go to folders > type '/etc', hit return.

2. move the hosts file to the desktop.

3. Open it.

WIN: open it with notepad.

MAC: double click it.

4. Delete all the adobe entries, as they are blocking your machine to connect to Adobe Activation Server.

5. Move it bac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a forum for Download, Install & Setup Help HERE. They may be able to offer some advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paulmoynagh,

Solution #1

Check the 'hosts" file for adobe entries. if you could see adobe entries there follow the below mentioned steps.

1. Go to the 'Hosts' file location.

WIN : C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

MAC: Go to finder menu on the top  > go to folders > type '/etc', hit return.

2. move the hosts file to the desktop.

3. Open it.

WIN: open it with notepad.

MAC: double click it.

4. Delete all the adobe entries, as they are blocking your machine to connect to Adobe Activation Server.

5. Move it back to '/etc' folder.

Solution # 2

1. Check if you are working under any sort of firewall (system/network) / proxy.

2. Disable firewall /  proxy.

Solution #3 (Should work)

Go for deployment : http://www.adobe.com/devnet/creativesuite/enterprisedeployment.html.

if nothing works, contact Adobe Tech support at : http://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Regards,

Atul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can say is THANK YOU Atul for a solution that finally worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 03, 2013 Nov 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot.
Solution #2 work for me.

Again, thanks a lot

Saludos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extreme thanks for this. I thought I was losing my mind. Solution #1 worked for me on my M1 Mac Desktop running Monterey 12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

haven't seen a messed up hosts file report in quite a while, but glad you got it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2014 Feb 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having same problems too.  In the end I bypassed the ISP (Telstra) DNS servers and used Googles (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) and it worked flawlessly. This is common issue with Telstra and I have bypssed them many times to solve the problem connecting to certain web sites or services. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@paulmoynagh

Disabling a firewall so Adobe can detect the internet?  Doesn't the fact that a firewall exists indicate that there is an internet connection accessible?  This doesn't make sense to me and I don't like disabling my firewall, even briefly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the Community, this is my situation, just in case anybody has the same problem, and the way to fix it.
I had the same problem "Adobe C.C. Desktop" was making the updating of Photoshop (and other Adobe Suite programs) very slow or just stopped about 40%. (I'm using Windows 10 Pro, Updated to November 2019 Edition)
And depending on what date we are talking about, "Adobe C.C. Desktop" was also blocking my whole internet connection. 
I've got a desktop Windows PC with an Optical Fiber connection that has a 600Mb Internet speed. I've got two routers:

- The first one, that decodes the Optical Fiber connection is an ONT and also a router supplied by my Internet Service Provider.

- The second one, that is downstream the first one, it's just a router, but with better protections and Wifi handling.
Following instructios of (Atul_Saini1) I have connected my computer directly to my first ONT + Router, without using second router.
Problem fixed!
(Anyway: it started to happen to me recently. Probably there has been some update of "Adobe C.C. Desktop" and since then this blocking problem has aroused). So I know now that anytime "Adobe C.C. Desktop" has an update, I've got to connect to my first ONT+Router.
Thank you very much, I hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines