Is Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Compatible With MacBook Pro M1 Max?

New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a stand alone licence of Lightroom 5 that I never used on CD. I now have the new 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max and would like to know if it's compatible? I do have an external CD/DVD reader/writer for my MacBook. Appreciate any help. Thank you.

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, only NEW programs run on the m1 chip

But, Apple MAY have some sort of compatibility mode, so put the disc in the drive and find out for yourself

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, appreciate it. 😊

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would like to know if it's compatible?

No.! Lr6 uses a 32bit installer.  New Mac systems will only use 64bit Apps.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.4.1 Photoshop 23.4.1, ACR 14.4.2, Lightroom 5.3, Lr-iOS 7.0.2, Bridge 12.0.2, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, appreciate the help. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What @Rob_Cullen said. Lightroom 5 will definitely not install on the M1. You'd have to dual boot with Lightroom 5 installed on an external drive running a compatible operating system such as macOS Mojave.

To use Lightroom Classic on your M1 you'll have to subscribe to one of the Photography Plans.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, appreciate the help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines