• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Adobe Violating Photoshop CS2 License Agreement?

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old topic.  I see community posts from 2019 saying  Photoshop CS2 is dead and all that crap.  It's well known that CS2 is not supported any more. 

Is it legal for Adobe to not allow a legal license holder to not use software that they have purchased?  I read over the license agreement and I don't see anything about the license expiring because the software is no longer supported.

It seems to be a manipulation by Adobe to get people who don't want to be on their subscription Photoshop to get on their subscription, because Adobe has left them no other options. CS2 still works fine on  my new Windows 10 laptop.  At least it did until the 30 day activation period ended, when Adobe locked me out.

I've been an Adobe customer for nearly 20 years and spent several thousand dollars on Adobe software over the years, but apparently that doesn't count for anything.

Because Adobe has more money to spend on lawyers than I do, Adobe will "win" this disagreement even if I am right and Adobe is violating their own license agreement.  Anybody have any thoughts on this?  Once a software license is purchased, isn't the license good forever?

Is a software license like the license granted when buying a piece of music?  That is, I have the right to listen to that song until I'm dead?  Imagine the outrage in the music community if our music licenses had to be repurchased every 15 years?

Yes, I'm very frustrated becasue I feel screwed over by Adobe.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like this is something that's not really suited for an online forum. We all here aren't lawyers and giving actual legal advice is something we aren't allowed to do because it's illegal.

If you want clarity, talk to your local lawyer(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My understanding (and I could be wrong) is that the activation software won't run on the newer hardware and OSes that are currently available and it was no longer possible to keep the old hardware running. Basically, things broke because they got old. There's not a whole lot Adobe can do about entropy, it comes for us all.

As for your rebuying music license example, look at it this way. A couple decades back you bought an album you really liked on vinyl. You still want to listen to it now, but you have to buy it again on CD or as an MP3 because you don't have a record player anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines