• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to force Adobe temp files to a different disk on Windows?

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My C: drive is  a very small (but fast). I know I can't install Adobe Creative Cloud on anything other than the C: drive, but is it possible to force the temp files to a different drive. I have found a folder on the C: drive labeled "adobeTemp" which is apparently being used to update the various Creative Cloud apps. The updates are failing because of "Insufficient Space" on the drive. I can update one (barely), but if two attempt to update at the same time, I run out of space (and also run into issues with other apps). 

I have migrated most read/write elements (including Windows temp files) to my D: drive which has lots of space, but Adobe seems to be insistent on using the C: drive.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need room on the C drive not only for Adobe temp files, but also for Windows updates.

Consider getting a larger C drive, as you will likely see performance issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Download and Install forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you use Photoshop, you need free HD space for your scratch disk, too. 

My aging workstation isn't the fastest train on the tracks but it does what I need it to do with a 2 TB hard drive and 16 GB RAM.

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines