• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to install an older version of Photoshop besides the current one?

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have the last Photoshop version installed on my iMac. However I realized that a couple of plugins don't work anymore. Going to the plugin docs it says that they will work up to version 22.2. If I try to install that version, it will remove my current. Is there anyway to keep both versions and use one or the other? Thanks!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You SHOULD see an option to install without removing another version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John.

Thanks for your answer. I'm afraid I don't see such option. In Creative Cloud I click on the three dots and there's an option "Other versions". When I click there, I have the chance to install older versions, however when I choose one, a dialog appears telling that if I install an older version, the current one will be removed. No idea whether there's a way or not to keep both installed. Please, see attached image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cyberpic, we recommend removing the current version before installing an older version to reduce file type conflicts.  Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html for the recommended steps to install an older version of Photoshop. 

Once the older version of Photoshop is installed, you can then reinstall the current version.  To avoid older versions being removed automatically, see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.html for information on how to access the advanced options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Sounds good. Let me try what you suggest and I will get back to you with the result. Thanks guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

Well, finally I decided to install the older Photoshop (22.2) on a Parallels VM with Windows instead of trying both versions together. It works really good and relatively good performance. It's enough for what I need. So thank you all for your help!. Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines