• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Portfolio still being developed?

Participant ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I can tell, Adobe Portfolio had not been updated or improved in a long time. It works well, but there's plenty of room for improvement. I get the feeling that Adobe is about to abandon Portfolio.

A few questions:

1. Is Portfolio still being develope by Adobe?
  2. When can we expect more upgrades to Portfolio?
  3. Why is there no Adobe Portfolio forum here on Adobe Community Support?
TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Hi PhotoCitizen,

The links John has provided are the best path toward getting help with Adobe Portfolio.  It's been in this state, so to speak, for a few years now.  So to your questions:

1.  Looks like there were several feature releases during 2020.
  2. We do not comment on future releases.
  3. Because the Portfolio team asked us to close up shop here. The first link from @John T Smith contains the best way to get a hold of the Portfolio team for support-related issues and to submit feature/enhancement

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post is spam. It doesn't address my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PhotoCitizen,

The links John has provided are the best path toward getting help with Adobe Portfolio.  It's been in this state, so to speak, for a few years now.  So to your questions:

1.  Looks like there were several feature releases during 2020.
  2. We do not comment on future releases.
  3. Because the Portfolio team asked us to close up shop here. The first link from @John T Smith contains the best way to get a hold of the Portfolio team for support-related issues and to submit feature/enhancement requests.

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PhotoCitizen is right:

Why is there no Adobe Portfolio forum here (or anywhere)? Sharing information amongst users would be very useful.

MacOS 13.2.1 Ventura>System: MacMini 2018, 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7<br />macOS 13.2.1 Ventura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Why is there no Adobe Portfolio forum here (or anywhere)?

You need to scroll up and re-read employee Dave's Nov 10 2020 message

Quote - "Because the Portfolio team asked us to close up shop here."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that is very helpful, maybe you can also answer my other question: why did the Adobe Portfolio team closed up shop here and not opened it anywhere else?

MacOS 13.2.1 Ventura>System: MacMini 2018, 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7<br />macOS 13.2.1 Ventura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click the first (requests) link I posted, and send the Portfolio team your question, someone MAY answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"why did the Adobe Portfolio team closed up shop here and not open it anywhere else?"

That's an excellent question.  In the past, Portfolio had a dedicated user forum that closed a couple of years ago.  At the time, I was told Portfolio team consolidated everything over to Zendesk because that's the support platform used by Behance. 

I have nothing against the help desk or the people staffing it.  It works but it's not convenient for simple user-to-user questions.  Although pretty good, the Knowledgebase and FAQ tend to gloss over some of the finer points. And the search isn't all that great even for things I know exist.  Google search is usually better.

I think some people around here forget that Portfolio isn't a little, red-headed step-child.  It comes with a Creative Cloud Plan. It's designed to integrate with other Adobe Creative Cloud products (Photoshop/Lightroom, Stock, XD, InDesign, etc...).  So it should be no surprise when Portfolio questions land in Creative Cloud forums like this one.  Telling people to go away and submit a support ticket may be the answer that Adobe wants us to give but it's disingenuous and impolite.  I think a better approach is:

1. Read & understand the question.

2. Reply when we can.

3. Defer the ones we can't.

Just my 2 cents.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your elaborate answer.

I am not sure what Adobe Community Professional means, as far as I can see you are someone that pays attention to what is asked and offers a lot of information that has helped me several times.

May I ask if you work for Adobe?

Also "Telling people to go away and submit a support ticket may be the answer that Adobe wants us to give but it's disingenuous and impolite." I could not agree more with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ACP Program Described

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/meet-the-experts/td-p/4788640?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Community Professionals do not work for Adobe. We're volunteers who have demonstrated expertise in helping others with one or more products. The badge recognizes the expertise. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's ridiculous! No, help it's always spam posts from adobe. They have no problem taking hundreds if not thousands from me yearly but now no help when you need it. Pathetic really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MBK Photography LLC,

Do you have an actual question we can answer?  Or is this just a random outburst? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question, @PhotoCitizen... Two years later I'm still wondering the same thing... do you have any news?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@marconoris 

only public information can be revealed here.  (but two years after an expected imminent event should convey something.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines