• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is the same device activated twice?

Participant ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new computer and want to install my Creative Cloud apps on it.  I have the all apps plan, and it's paid up, renewing annually in March since 2016.

When I go to my account settings it shows two instances of my iMac Pro are active - one is called "iMac Pro on MAC" and the other is called "iMac Pro on OSX" - see attached screenshot.  It says I need to deactivate one of these devices, but I only have one iMac Pro and there are no other computers using my plan. I've never seen this previously when I've added or removed other devices.

Question:  Can I deactivate one of these instances without any consequence, or are they both necessary on my machine for some reason?

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deactivate both, if you want to sign in using a 2nd computer.

you'll then be prompted when using acrobat on your imac and your other computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See screenshot. My plan allows me to sign in on two machines. I just need to know which instance of this one to deactivate so I can sign in on the other.  And it's not just Acrobat. It's the entire creative suite. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again,

deactivate both, if you want to sign in using a 2nd computer.

you'll then be prompted when using acrobat on your imac and your other computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don'r be afraid to deactivate both as suggested by kglad .  It just signs you out. It doesn't prevent you from signing back in and using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines