• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any way for mac users with older systems (unable to update to 10.14) to still use Adobe?

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically what the title says.

I'm using an older mac (think mid-2011 but barely used, so still works fine) for when I need to work from home. I tried to sign in with my corporate account to get the Adobe programs I need, but the highest OS I can update to is 10.13.6 High Sierra, which - of course - is just below what is needed for the latest program versions supported, so everything is stating "not compatible."

I understand that to run 2021 programs I need 10.14, and it doesn't seem that there is a way for me to even download 2020 versions of anything at this point. I went to customer support and they just told me that I need 10.14 and disconnected when I asked if I have any other options. So I've come here to ask: is there any way for a person with an older system and no money to buy a new mac to use photoshop anymore? Or am I just SOL despite having a subscription to the whole suite?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe now offers the current and ONE older version via the online program manager
Go here for all older links https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-direct-download-links.html
-Prodesigntools is an official Adobe partner, and the links go to Adobe, not a 3rd party site
IF/When you do have a download, be sure to copy it to AT LEAST one external device
-you should ALWAYS keep a copy (or two!) on an external device
-since Adobe DOES SOMETIMES REMOVE OLD VERSIONS FROM THE SERVER
-a usb flash drive or external hard drive, or write to a CD or DVD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cc 2019 and older are available from prodesigntools.com

cc 2023 and cc 2022 are available frombthe cc desktop app.

cc 2020 and cc.2021 are available from adobe support.

use a browser that allows popups and cookies and contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

p.s you can also use phone (but chat is usually quicker), https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

p.p.s. you can also use twitter to tweet @AdobeCare

p.p.p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both. I'm downloading 2019 versions from prodesigntools.com now; I didn't see 2020 versions and stopped looking there initially, but then found the 2019 versions and those will work if I can get them installed. 

Also, per Adobe support since I went there first, CC 2020 is no longer supported or available. 2020 is what I needed for my OS and it's no longer offered, so that was my issue. Seems that they only support 2021 on at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since CC2020 Adobe stopped publishing the public download links for CC app and that is the reason you did not find it on the prodesign website as it provides downloads from Adobe servers. Now the option that you could explore is contact support and ask them to provide you a link for CC2020, they provide one if they have that handy. If you are rejected once or are asked to visit these forums politely decline saying "How can you trust an installer provided by someone on a public forum". Hopefully you will get a link and if they genuinely do not have that version then keep using the CC2019 version

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again:

cc 2019 and older are available from prodesigntools.com

cc 2023 and cc 2022 are available from the cc desktop app.

cc 2020 and cc.2021 are available from adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there are ways to download older versions.

Yes, Adobe don't support any systems other than those for the latest two versions.

So, you might be able to get it work. But be aware that

(1) Adobe won't help you

(2) Adobe could stop it working (not necessarily deliberately, but by - for example - changes to the licensing servers or a required update to the Creative Cloud app).

(3) If Adobe stop it working you may be stuck unless you get a new computer (or, in certain limited cases, run Parallels desktop)

(4) If Adobe stop it working, you may have to pay a cancellation fee.

Be realistic about these possibilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using older unsupported software is a temporary solution.  Start saving for a new computer.  Adobe expects customers to have the latest OS, no more than two versions back.  

Make sure your new computer meets the minimum CPU & GPU requirements. Most Creative Cloud apps work on:

• Windows 11 (64-bit), Windows 10 versions 21H2, 21H1, 20H2, 2004, and 1909 (LTSB branches are not supported;)
  • macOS 12 (Monterey), macOS 11 (Big Sur), macOS 10.16 or 10.15 (Catalina).
  • Mac Ventura released a few days ago which diminishes Catalina to an old OS.

- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines