• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Windows 11 compatible with Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom Classic now?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Windows 11 compatible with Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom Classic now? Because my photoshop just got updated to 23.1 while Lightroom Classic 11.1 is not in the list of this page that is about Windows 11 compatibility

Can I run my Adobe apps in Windows 11? 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your cc desktop app will show you the list of compatible (with your software) apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the help article says, there are some UI issues still.

There is also a big issue in Windows 11 with colour management which affects more than just Photoshop. Personally I would not move from Windows 10 to Windows 11 on anything but a test PC at this stage.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you have a new machine with factory installed Win 11, I would sit tight and remain on Win10.

In my experience, there's too much pain and not enough gain in upgrading to a new OS from an old one. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It been 6 months now since this last message. Just wondering if its now a good time to upgrade my pc to win11 without it affecting Adobe suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if there's some benefit to offset the risk of problems, go ahead and upgrade your os.

it would be prudent to uninstall adobe cc programs and the cc app, upgrade your os, and then install the cc app.  use the cc app to install your cc programs and trials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nadie de Adobe "oficial" puede dar una respuesta a esto? por lo que he leido todos en la comunidad se manejan con "supocisiones"... 🤷‍:male_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ernesto24848804pbrj 

I would say no - I'm normally one of the first to upgrade, but it has been painful with Adobe apps. 

I have a Dell XPS 9710 (i7 11800H/GTX3060/64GB/2x 1TB SSDs); powerful, and new-ish (but not so new it should expect problems).

I upgraded to Window 11 last year, and I found (despite having the correct WHQL signed and updated Nvidia drivers), that GPU acceleration was not enabled in Lightroom (original version), or Photoshop. Premiere Pro isn't my forte, but it seemed to struggle with GPU accelerated video rendering. (the boxes to do so in the menus is greyed out for LR)

All apps were up to date per CC, and I tried both the default Windows update drivers, and the Nvidia "non-gaming" drivers.

Within Lightroom there was significant performance degredation, the program seemed unable to perform any tasks while an export was underway (at all, it was pretty much locked - far worse than its usual slow down). Editting 30MP RAWs became cumbersome - they didn't render fast at all (bare in mind, my benchmark is the same laptop on W10). Files were also slower to export to JPEG overall - LR couldn't fully utilise the CPU.

I ended up reinstalling W10 on a second SSD stick I have inside the machine (2x 1TBs). All the issues disappeared, and I was back to full speed. 

I gave up on W11 in around October/November 2022, so pretty recent - am unsure if they have fixed it since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultdjffgebvlma4 

This is an old topic.  😉

As of this writing, all 2022 Creative Cloud apps work on Windows 11, including Photoshop.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/windows-11.html

But to use Photoshop 2022, you need ample CPU, GPU, VRAM, RAM and hard disk space that can support it.  Not all systems and graphics cards are created equally.   See system requirements below for more details.

- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Photoshop and Lightroom Classic (along with many other Adobe apps) without issue here on Windows 11 version 22H2

PC Spec : i9-10920X ; RTX3090 (Studio driver 516.94) ; 256GB RAM; 2 NVMe drives one for OS and apps, the second for temp storage including scratch; several SSD drives for storage, 2 Eizo CS2731 monitors..

When I upgraded from Windows 10 I did so in situ, no clean install and no re-installation of apps. I initially had an issue with a printer and had to re-install the driver to resolve it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the correct answer in 2023 is yes, adobe's current apps are compatible with win 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements 15 as well as Premiere. I recently installed Winfows 11 and could not use Elements 15. After finally reading various posts,I discovered if Creative Cloud is installed then Elements 15 would work. Yes,to my amazement this is all you have to install to be able to use this old Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's only fair to point out that Elements 15 is 8 versions back from current release version.  Adobe doesn't guarantee old software will work on your new operating system.  They only guarantee it will work on 2022 or higher.   If it works, great!  If it doesn't, you're on your own with old software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caution!!! I have a new Del XPS8960 with factory installed Windows 11 purchased 8/3/23.  I installed my Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 purchased in 2008,  It has been fine on Windows 10.    The first time after installing when I tried to restart the machine failed to boot and showed only a black screen and Dell logo. I was on the phone with Dell Support for nearly an hour and eventually had to reload the OS--and lost everything I had transitioned.  

It isn't entirely clear what happened, but circumstantial evidence would point to incompatability with OS11.  I won't be installing photoshop again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

for others, either upgrade your adobe apps or, at least, install and run in compatibility mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines