• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Creative Suite 6 Serial Number Activation

New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just re-downloaded Creative Suite 6 Design Standard to install on same iMac I had it on previously (had to erase the HD and reinstall Mac OS so I have to now reinstall my Adobe software).

I opened Photoshop and am being asked connect to the internet for 'Serial Number Validation'. I AM connected to the internet but it keeps giving me the message: 'Please connect to the internet and retry. BUT I AM CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET!!

I'm stumped as to how to get around this!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community (forums) to Download & Install.]

@Smokybluz,
Which Mac operating system do you have?

To connect to Adobe's servers, your system and browser must support at least TLS 1.2 protocols for security reasons.  See below for more details.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS is Mojave 10.14.6. I can't go any higher on this iMac since I need to still be able to use Photoshop CS6 (which I know will BREAK if I upgrade to Catalina).

My default browsers are Safari 14.1.2 and Firefox 100.0. Both are 'up to date' from what my iMac tells me. How do I tell if they support TLS 1.2?? In any case it doesn't seem to work; otherwise I wouldn't get the 'Please connect to the internet and try again' popup.

The 'Serial No. Validation' popup window doesn't even get as far as launching a browser before it states I'm 'not connected to the internet' (despite the fact I most certainly am).

I'd sure appreciate another workaround. I've got a valid serial no. and I paid for this software and want to be able to use it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried it. There were no Adobe files in the hosts document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My user agent supports TLS 1.2 

See attached images below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you used your default browser, then you ruled out one cause of that problem.  if you didn't use your default browser, you didn't even eliminate that one cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only use 2 browsers and both support TLS 1.2 going by the link you provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then the tls requirement is not a factor for you.

and because you've gone through solutions 1,2 at How to resolve connection errors with Creative Suite applications (adobe.com), you should proceed to 3 and if that fails, 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I tried 3 and 4... no issues there.

Never thought it would be THIS complicated just to get my CS6 verified and up and running again!

Adobe Customer Care Team also contacted me on Sunday (May 8, 2022) stating they'd help me. They've done nothing but *GHOST* me since then. Not a PEEP from them!! Wow!! What a way to treat someone whose been a loyal fan of theirs since the mid 90s!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anybody contacting you about cs6 is a scammer and NOT an adobe rep. 

count yourself lucky if you've not exposed your serial number and/or any personal/financial info.

anyway, if you've ruled out all the problems as you've represented, you're now ready for @Nancy OShea's suggestion.

1. uninstall (using the uninstallers) all adobe software.

2. clean per  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

3. restart your computer

4. reinstall cs6

5. retry activating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, kglad!! I just realized it was a scam!! I've blocked them now from any further contact. I thankfully had not given them any personal info or serial no.!! Thank God!!

At this point I'm not sure it's even worth trying Nancy's suggestions. I had already followed those same steps to a 'T' previously without success despite my iMac passing all the tests and checks others had suggested - except one that John Waller had suggested (https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html) - In Solution 1: I saw the Adobe logos but did not see the 'Creative Cloud and CS6: Test Successful' text in the browser window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but you saw the pong text, so that was a success. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did see 'pong'. I misunderstood the instructions and thought I had to see the 'Creative Cloud and CS6: Test Successful' text too!

So... I tried installing Adobe CS6 again this morning. Nothing has changed. As soon as I downloaded and started the initialization process and entered my serial no. I got the exact same annoying alert that I wasn't connected to the internet - despite just downloading the entire CS6 suite off the internet moments before!! This has been nothing short of an exercise in futility!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, this is a successful cs6 test page:

kglad_0-1652455420896.png

then you should have used your default browser and seen adobe's site using https, https://www.adobe.com

then you should have checked your GlobalSign Root CA certificate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both your suggestions (default browser seeing Adobe's site using https, GlobalSign Root CA enabled) checked out fine on my iMac before I tried to reinstall CS6 and still do now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then there's something else (eg, firewall) local that's preventing your connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appreciate all the help you've provided, kglad, but I've tried everything mentioned here at least once if not several times over and nothing has solved the problem. NO software should require so many tricks, hacks, tests, checks and workarounds in order to work. I've thrown in the towel and am walking away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's probably pretty much adobe's intention (or, at least, they haven't and won't put any effort into helping). 

and it's almost certain that, in the future, you won't be able to activate cs6 when the activation servers age-out.  (that's already the case for cs2, cs3 and cs4.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oh, there's one other thing (if your computer is mobile). try activating using someone else's internet connection, or even using a public connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Particularly solution 2, Resetting your hosts file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Solution 1 and got the following results:

- I see the 2 Adobe logos

- I do not see 'Creative Cloud and CS6: Test Successful' (I just see 'pong')

I tried Solution 2 and got these results:

- I dowloaded the 'Limited Access Repair Tool' for Mac and ran the file. 

- The popup upon completion stated: '0 hosts file entries were fixed! Please restart your Adobe application(s)'

- it also stated if I continue to experience issues to contat Customer Support.

- Started up Photoshop and I still got the same Serial No. Verification popup alerting me I'm not connected to the internet (while I'm typing this - online! - clearly ON the internet!!)

I clicked the 'Customer Support' link in the popup which took me to a 404 page that offered no help whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Adobe Cleaner tool to wipe Adobe apps from your system.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Restart computer. Reinstall your legacy software. CS5 and CS6 are on life support. But they can still be activated providing you have the following:
1. your original media (disks or downloads) you received at purchase and a way to read them,
2. a legitimate serial number for that version, language and platform (Win/Mac) and if it was an upgrade, a qualifying serial number from an older product,
3. an older operating system that can support legacy 32-bit apps.

Creative Suite installers won't work on macOS Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave without terminal workarounds. See the help article below.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Keep in mind that your old software is discontinued & unsupported.  Use at your own risk.  Adobe won't help you.  Only current software is supported.

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away! Real Adobe employees will never reach out via Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail or Skype.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines