Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keep Adobe CS5 Alongside Creative Cloud

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a licensed version of CS5. I'm thinking of trying Creative Cloud but want to retain the CS5 that I have installed on my PC. How can I prevent Creative Cloud from overiding CS5 during installation, i.e. not affect CS5? Is there a step that I need to take during the installation of Creative Cloud?

Basically, I want to have access to both CS5 and Creative at the same time, and in the event that I cancel Creative Cloud, be able to still use CS5.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would make a disk image or clone so that I could restore the disk to a time before installing CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to what Peru Bob said...

As soon as you install any part of the Cloud, even a trial, it replaces your program management system
-if you plan to keep using a serial number program you should NOT install a Cloud program, not even a trial
-Read Cloud takes over https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Get-off-the-cloud/td-p/8075485 for some ideas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both for your replies.

I have an external drive. If I move the CS5 program over to it, will it still be affected by any Creative Cloud installation on my PC? Or can it remain isolated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines