• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Kudos to Adobe Support !

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to install Photoshop Elements 14 and Premiere Elements 14 on a new Windows 11 PC after my old Windows 10 PC died.  My Adobe account said Photoshop Elements was already registered to multiple devices and Premiere Elements did not appear.

Adobe, I was told, has a specialized team focused on migrating software from old PCs to new. 

The rep I was connected to in the chat session understood my questions instantly.  Within minutes he (I presume) reset my registration counters, registered both programs with the serial numbers from five years ago, and supplied a link to my account with signin and download instructions.  The download files, he explained, came with all applicable updates.

This was an example of support the way it should be!

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

The rep I worked with was on the Adobe website ... helpx.adobe.com.

First I clicked on the "contact us" icon and spent a few minutes with a bot that did not pass the Turing test.

So I typed that I wanted to "speak with a real person" and within seconds was connected with a rep. who asked how he could help with my purchase.  I explained myself and he is the one who said they have the specialized team.  Since then I've learned that the keyword "agent" will also get a live person (or a bot that doe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 14 on Windows 11???   Hmmmm....  I hope it works for you. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/windows-11.html

I know for certain Adobe is not retrofitting old software to work on new equipment & operating systems.  They only update the latest release versions (currently PSE 2022).

In any case, I wish you the best of luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, I was told, has a specialized team focused on migrating software from old PCs to new. 

Do you mind letting us know where you got that info from? No such team exists to my knowledge.

The rep I was connected to in the chat session understood my questions instantly.  Within minutes he (I presume) reset my registration counters, registered both programs with the serial numbers from five years ago, and supplied a link to my account with signin and download instructions.  The download files, he explained, came with all applicable updates.

Glad it seems to have worked out for you but I will say that's an unusual lot of fast and comprehensive work by Adobe support for 6 year old software which they haven't officially supported for nearly 5 years. Few people in these forums have had such an experience.

I really hope you weren't dealing with a scammer.

Best wishes with Elements 14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rep I worked with was on the Adobe website ... helpx.adobe.com.

First I clicked on the "contact us" icon and spent a few minutes with a bot that did not pass the Turing test.

So I typed that I wanted to "speak with a real person" and within seconds was connected with a rep. who asked how he could help with my purchase.  I explained myself and he is the one who said they have the specialized team.  Since then I've learned that the keyword "agent" will also get a live person (or a bot that does pass the Turing test).  He connected me with another rep. in less than a minute.

The next rep. was the one who looked at my account (I was already logged in), reset the counters (I had previously registered the software with the now dead Windows 10 desktop and a Windows 10 laptop. He also gave me the link, account.adobe.com/products, to find the download buttons.  The rep. didn't really have to "support" my aging (as am I) software; everything he did for me was really in my Adobe account.

It being the real world, however, he was not correct when he said the downloaded installer would include all applicable updates.  Shortly after I verified that Photoshop Elements worked, it opened a window telling me there was an update for Photoshop Elements (to 14.1) and Adobe Camera Raw (to 9.5). The ACR update went OK and tomorrow I'll research why the update for the base product failed.

Interestingly, just now when I went to helpx.adobe.com and clicked on the "contact us" icon, the bot asked, "Would you like to continue where we left off," -- "Yes," or "No, I have different issue."

Does not sound like a scammer to me. 

I have opened a JPG, done a trivial edit, and saved the result.  I am hopeful 14 will work on Windows 11. It does seem to me, as some reviewers have said, like "Windows 10 with rounded corners."  I had looked at all the new features in versions 15 through 2022 and didn't see anything that would justify buying a newer version (layer grouping in 15 and the auto selection tool in 2018 did look interesting, I admit), but wouldn't hesitate if Windows itself were a problem.

Tomorrow: the Photoshop Elements update failure and Premiere Elements !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear. Lots of  people here have encountered scammers when looking for Adobe support. They then come to vent on these forums after their sour experience.

Glad yours sounds like genuine Ciustomer Support and a surprisingly prompt and helpful reponse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@EWG2015 , there's nothing unusual about your encounter except you did exactly what's known to work (contact adobe support and ask for an activation count reset and ask for nothing else) without doing things known to fail.

anyway, good for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines