• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Laptop Specifications

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Was looking for some help with my question. I had a question about The MacBook Pro. I’m gonna be a college freshmen and am going into a career field where I will be doing graphic design, photography editing and some video editing. So all 3 here😂

I have one Mac picked out that I think would work, I just don’t know if it’s powerful enough? My plan was to get the MacBook Pro 13”, 1.4 GHZ i5, 16 GB of ram, 256 GB storage (planning to get an external hard drive if it gets full, don’t wanna spend too much). My question overall is: with what I’m gonna be doing with graphic design , photo editing and video editing..will that be enough?

I’ve had tons of mixed opinions saying to get the i7 processor because it’s better and will last longer and to spend the extra money, but then some are saying to go with the i5 because it’ll do just as good for me. Like if I went with the i5, should my laptop still run good for those tasks and programs? Or should I consider just paying the extra for the i7? Just confusing and hard for me to choose what processor to get.

Could you help with your opinion on what I should do and are the other specs I listed ok (ram wise and storage wise)?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + all other apps you intend to use.  Requirements vary by product and platform, so read each one.   Keep in mind these are merely baseline recommendations.  MacOS Catalina requires 4GB of RAM & 15-20 GB of free HD space all for itself.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

IMO, you get more bang for your buck with a Windows workstation than you do with a laptop (no matter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + all other apps you intend to use.  Requirements vary by product and platform, so read each one.   Keep in mind these are merely baseline recommendations.  MacOS Catalina requires 4GB of RAM & 15-20 GB of free HD space all for itself.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

IMO, you get more bang for your buck with a Windows workstation than you do with a laptop (no matter which label it has).  Perhaps a desktop computer doesn't appeal to you because it's not portable.  But honestly, you need serious equipment (CPU, GPU, RAM & HD space) to handle digital content creation. 

For comparison, see Recommended Systems for Premier Pro

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Premiere-Pro-143/Hardware-Rec...

Recommended Systems for Photoshop

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Photoshop-139/Hardware-Recomm...

Best advice, get the best & fastest computer you can afford. An underpowered computer is very frustrating to work with.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should be ok with these specs. However, a lot also depends on the content you'll be using for video editing. If it's going to be 4K or raw footage you'll need a faster processor (unless you work with Proxies then you'll be fine).

Photo and video apps from Adobe now require at least 8GB or RAM with 16GB being recommended minimum.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines