Exit

Large hidden files in CRLogs folder

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Large hidden files in CRLogs folder

The path is: C:Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/CRLogs

This CRLogs folder takes up 51GB of my hard drive. Inside the folder files as *.dmp

What are those files?

Is it save to delete those?

Is there any official response from Adobe on this? Google isn't really turning up much of use

Hindol Wijeratna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Hi,

CR Logs should automatically get removed after sending to Adobe servers but in an old version, there was an issue which in the rare case would not delete them if unable to send. This has been fixed in newer versions and will automatically be taken care of when an update of application is rolled out.It is safe to remove them if required.

Feel free to update the thread for more questions. You may also Contact Customer Care for help and information.

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

CR Logs should automatically get removed after sending to Adobe servers but in an old version, there was an issue which in the rare case would not delete them if unable to send. This has been fixed in newer versions and will automatically be taken care of when an update of application is rolled out.It is safe to remove them if required.

Feel free to update the thread for more questions. You may also Contact Customer Care for help and information.

Thanks

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

Hindol Wijeratna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has not been resolved (2022 06-02) even years later. I have always deleted the cache, previews and other Adobe Common files, which has worked to clear up a little space when my memory is low but for the first time I have finally run across a folder that was eating up over 160GB on my OS hard drive. This is ridiculous and is absolutely an issue and needs to be more widely written about. Some of the files on here are over a year old... I was almost to a point of buying a larger OS SSD to combat the issue before discovering this folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found this thread, we are in the year 2022 and the PROBLEM PERSISTS with the latest Adobe Lightroom update. I just deleted over 70GB of this folder with junk files generated by Adobe Lightroom... I thought I was running out of space on my "C" drive and I didn't understand why my installed programs were taking up so much space. Adobe should correct this and duly inform its users. // Acabo de encontrar este hilo, estamos en el año 2022 y el PROBLEMA PERSISTE con la ultima actualizacion de Adobe Lightroom. Acabo de borrar mas de 70GB de esta carpeta con archivos basura generados por Adobe Lightroom... pensaba que me estaba quedando sin espacio en mi disco "C" y no entendia porque mis programas instalados ocupaban tanto espacio. Adobe deberia corregir esto e informarlo debidamente a sus usuarios.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same happened to me. Seems to be an issue of the latest updates. That should really be solved in the year 2022. And I also think, adobe should inform its users!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

February 2023 and these files are still created on users PCs! 
80 gb on this folder, my C drive was out of space because of these FULL type files! Full of crap... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the vast majority of us do not have this problem.  that's no help to those that do have the problem except to indicate there's something about their computer and adobe triggering the issue.  see if you can google a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're missing the point "kglad"- the temporary solution to this problem is deleting the contents of this folder (freeing up many GBs of storage on average for each user experiencing the issue).

The "adobe employee" at the top of this thread claims this problem has been fixed (Feb. 2018) and that Adobe will remove the access files on its own... and clearly by someone still having this issue (Feb. 2023) and me (June 2022) they have yet to fix this issue.

As far as I was able to research theres no other solution to stop the accumulation of exccess files into this folder other than periodically deleting them yourself. Hopefully if enough people post about having this issue more the 4yrs later, Adobe will eventually patch whatever is causing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think you missed thr point. a few hundred users with this problem out if tens of millions of users without the problem indicates a narrow problem that's prudent to try resolve yourself.  ie, waiting for an adobe solution is unwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...deleting the excess files is the "solving it yourself" aaproach. But yes you're right, only 13k people so far have even looked at this thread out of the 20 million plus users Adobe has worldwide (via 2022)... so yeah probably low on Adobe's software engineers list of patches to make.

I think "Ioannis5E6D" and I both were referring to how Adobe thinks they already solved this issue back in 2018,  yet it's still clearly happening... even if it's just to "small group" of Adobe (PC) users... But maybe I'm wrong, only "Ioannis5E6D" could say what they really meant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you may be correct about that. report it.

for applicable apps, use https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kglad, did you miss another point, maybe? It is very well possible, I would think, that many or even a majority of the tens of millions users never find out about this. I just discovered because there seemed to be a problem. I find your comment here somewhat arrogant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quoteI find your comment here somewhat arrogant.

By @Luidspreker

=====

Arogance is in the eye of the beholder.  As fellow product users and unpaid forum volunteers, we draw from our personal experience.  Beyond that, you need to contact Adobe Support. Refer to contact details posted in June 2022.

Goodbye & good luck.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines