• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Updates question

Engaged ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first I've seen of any updates for quite a while so I am confused as to why there is more than one update for Photoshop:

jjaylad_0-1635354020211.png

Should 22.5.2 be installed before installing 22.3?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jjaylad,

Based on your screenshot it looks like there are two different major versions, 22.5.2 and 23.0.
The 23.0 is the new major version. 22.5.2 is an update to the last major version. The 22 version is PS CC2021 and the 23 version is PS CC 2022. Normally when you install a new major version you're given options whether you want to uninstall the prior version. If you're in the middle of any current projects you may want to keep the prior version installed to ensure any changes with the new version don't impact your current workflows and you can explore any PS changes in the new version in your own time.

Hope that helps,
- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave,

As shown below I have Auto Update turned on so I really don't know why that update wasn't installed.

jjaylad_0-1635357006954.png

The only thing I'm concerned about is whether or not I NEED to install 22.5.2 in order to ensure 23 has all its updates plus those from the 22.2.2 update. I'm also wondering what is going on with the Automatic update process when it obviously doesn't seem to be working.

Your thoughts on both would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it, updating the prior version is not required to install the latest. I'm not 100% sure about auto-update, since the new version just came out it looks like you may have intervened before it installed the latest version. 
Here is an article about auto-update in case it is helpful https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue - an obscure error message attempting to update to version 23, with 22.5.2 not yet updated. Simply uncheck 'Remove old PS version'  and all is good to go.

Then manually uninstall the old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should bear in mind that any update MIGHT POSSIBLY be a real nuisance to you because maybe

- something you need is taken out

- something you use is hard to find

- there is a horrible bug and it doesn't work.

This is why the smart money is on always keeping at least two separate versions, which you can update separately. Only the brave, or the people who don't have anything to lose, delete the old app and do a big upgrade at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My last PS version is no longer visible or available apparently to download. I HATE the newest version of 2022 RAW, my favorite and mosted used features are gone, gone, gone.  GRRRR. Of course, I can't find the last version to re-stall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines