• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Launching App from Creative Cloud Desktop without updating it Windows 10

Engaged ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative cloud version 5.0.0.354, I want to launch an app but I only have the update button to click on. If I click anywhere else on the app it just takes me to the description page for the app where I still only see the option to update it, not launch it. I dont want to update the app because I have compatability issue with some hardware I need to use.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue. There is only an update button on some apps and when I click on it the update download starts and then stops at about 30% and stops. This leaves me in limbo unable to run the app or in some cases having to resort to an earlier version a year or so old. The original updater worked well but this new web based version just does not work!!! I need a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then DO NOT use the CC DTA to Open your Adobe applications. Close that down, Ctrl + w then select the Quit button, and use the Program shortcut in the Start menu to open it. And Or place a shortcut for your most used programs on you desktop and or Pin it to the taskbar.

You can also set the CC DTA to NOT OPEN (Luanch) when the system starts up. You don't need it running to open and use all other Adobe programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which is exactly what I did, and usually do for my more regulary used programs from Adobe. Just thought it was an oversight or more likely a deliberate ploy on their part to make me update the apps every time want to I use them. I assume Adobe would prefer that I use the desk top app to launch the programs. Currently I do have the desktop app disabled at start up so dont use it that often. But having just wasted 5 minutes of my life clicking on all parts of app trying to open it without updating it I just wondered if I had missed something.Any way thanks for your reply, would be interested in Adobes official responce to question .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not an oversight. The CC DTA is mainly for notifying you of the most recent upgrades (or Updates).

I would think, and I think it is the way Adobe thinks, why would you want an Older version of any of their software on your system if there is a Newer version available. You are paying for the newest version every month.

So instead of placing a Open button for the current version installed and an Update button to get the newest version in the CC DTA they just put the update button there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated, she, like me, has some hardware compatability issues. It's not Microsof'ts - oops, sorry Adobe's (same hostile to end-user tactics) place to jam products, features and updates down our throats that are unwanted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Magnus Lashcaster, you're posting to a 3 year old topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sO ARE YOU:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, my caps key was locked. Unfortunately, I am unable to edit or delete my own posts in this forum, otherwise, I would 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, enough schwann’s schoolyard bravado.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines