• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Legitimately purchased Adobe products and the push to online subscriptions: CS6

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you're all now acutely aware there has been a great push to move everyone onto a subscription based cloud service, but what happens to all those millions of existing customers who purchased legitimate copies of Adobe's creative software. Like many professional creatives I've been using Adobe's mainstay applications since before QuarkXpress but am having great difficulty even validating my legitimately purchased software. When attempting a non-internet validation using the Response Code it now tells me Adobe has 'revoked' my software's serial number.

How is that possible? Can I reclaim the £3,000 it's cost me in adobe software purchases, and why doesn't the cloud option give existing customers a discount to it's fraudulent subscriptions 'service'.

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens to people who decided not to get on the bus (subscription)? The bus didn't wait.

* In time, system upgrades will make the old apps useless (this has already happened to Mac users)

* In time, Adobe will close down the activation process completely (as for CS,CS2,CS3)

* Eventually you will realise that you needed to plan for upgrading the software you paid for, not just use it for life, because it is a moving target

* You left it MUCH MUCH too late to get the subscription discount for loyal customers.

What aspect of the subscription service seems to you "fraudulent"? Is it just not wanting to spend money? "Fraudulent" would imply that Adobe promise something and don't deliver it. You are accusing them of breaking the law - how?

You want your money back after 7 year usage? REALLY? Let me know how that goes. Have you tried it with a car?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'd bought a motorvehicle i wouldn't expect the manufacturer to take it off me and default on the original agreement, what makes you think it's okay with some software that was likewise legitimately purchased. You live in an odd world TSN, perhaps you're gearing up for 'the Great Reset' and are quite happy to 'own nothing' [despite paying through the nose for it].

Yes, i would expect my software to run on the computer it was designed for, for ever, if need be, or until the old machine broke apart, or until i was truly tempted to 'upgrade'. For the time being, and foreseeable future, CS6 worked perfectly well for my own needs. This move to push everyone onto a subscription only platform is BS. You can get pushed around by gig economy companies like Adobe, but i won't. There must be a Lawsuit here. I will be writing to the House of Commons here in London regarding this particular scam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it now tells me Adobe has 'revoked' my software's serial number.

By @Ralph5F87

Did you purchase it directly from Adobe or a third party reseller?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, this is primarily a user-to-user Forum – so we don't really have the power to help you here, unfortunately...

The only folks who have the ability to address issues regarding CS6 activation is Adobe Customer Care themselves. You should be able to reach them via live online chat or possibly phone:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

I would suggest you contact them regarding this matter. Be sure to have your valid proof of purchase available, if you can.

Sorry we can't be of more help to you here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines