• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Licensing question regarding oem version of master suite cs6

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently I have a computer that will be replaced in the next few months. I have the opportunity to purchase an older OEM version of Creative Suite Master CS6. What I would like to know if I can install this on the older computer for now and deactivate the license so I can install it on the new computer when the time comes without any activation or key problems because it is an OEM version. The older computer will be trashed. Generally I would like to know if an OEM version can be deactivated and reinstalled even if it is not on the same hardware.

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

I have the opportunity to purchase an older OEM version of Creative Suite Master CS6.

I suggest re-considering that purchase. You're likely to find yourself losing your money or chasing a refund.

OEM licenses are only good for the machine they're installed on at the time of original purchase. They're not transferable.

See https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html

"Except in Germany, Adobe does not permit transfers for OEM (Original Equipment Manu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the opportunity to purchase an older OEM version of Creative Suite Master CS6.

I suggest re-considering that purchase. You're likely to find yourself losing your money or chasing a refund.

OEM licenses are only good for the machine they're installed on at the time of original purchase. They're not transferable.

See https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html

"Except in Germany, Adobe does not permit transfers for OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) versions of software."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, I believe there never even was an OEM version of CS6. This is just a label added by counterfeiters, to make any low price seem plausible. CS6 is now obsolete, it's not a thing to consider in your future plans.

A Creative Cloud subscription can easily be moved to a new computer (but might not run on the old one, check system requirements).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines