• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Licensing Question Windows and Mac

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello  I have a strange situation that I want ask if it is allwowed with an "all Apps" license.  I have my main Computer that is windows and I have my windows laptop that both have Photoshop and bridge on it.  I had Indesign and acrobat  on the machines too but it has been removed.  Many of my forms we use for the business, were done by a consultant that used a Mac and the consultant is no longer availalbe. Trying to update the forms,  I have found some discrepencies with fonts and spacing on the forms when I bring them up with windows.

Question:

I went out and purchased a Mac mini and I want to JUST install Indesign and Acrobat on that machine to update the forms.  All of the mchines are JUST used by me.  Is the rule "two computers"  or "one user"  Am I allowd to intall the MAC version of Indesign on new Mac while keeping Photoshop and Bridge on the windows machine

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 computers, 1 users is entirely allowed.

BUT... there is every chance you could buy the Mac and nothing would change. There are over a million fonts, and your Mac will come with a few hundred. The designer may have purchased or downloaded more Macs. Rather than assuming the Mac will solve it, I recommend digging deeper into the font problem - and post your question under a new topic if you have one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fonts vary a lot between devices and platforms.

1. Make a list of all the fonts in your forms. 

2. Replace Type 1 Post Script fonts with OpenType fonts because Adobe is ending support for PostScript fonts soon. See links below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/postscript-type-1-fonts-end-of-support.html

https://creativepro.com/adobe-is-ending-support-for-type-1-fonts/

3. For best results, use standard Open Type fonts that are common to BOTH Win/Mac platforms - i.e. Serif, Sans-Serif, Ariel, Times New Roman...

4. Embed standard OT fonts directly into the PDFs to ensure they print correctly from your device.  See link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/pdf-fonts.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines