• Lightroom Version Number:  6 cc and 5.5cc
  • OS Version Number:  MacOs 13.0.1 for Applce Silicon

Steps to reproduce:

1. Install Creative Cloud
  2. Press 'Install' next to Lightroom cc
  3. Wait untill finish
  4.  Press 'Open'
  5.  Nothing happend
  6.  Notice that Lightroom is not installed in filesystem (cmd + space, App dir)

Expected result: Application should be installed and be able to start
Actual result: Application cannot start and also it is not installed properly (there is no lightroom cc on Application directory).

Other apps like Lightroom Classic, Premiere etc works as expected. I tried to sing out and sign in and also I used Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. Nothing works.

What's more, when I click 'Open(Intel)', I received 'File not found' finder error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the cc desktop app only allows installation of the current and one immedately earlier versions.  here's my standard spiel about adobe versions, including how to download lr 5.5, and lr 6:

you can install the latest and 1 version prior versions using the cc desktop app. you must have a subscription because previous versions are not available with trials. other versions are revealed after clicking file preferences>apps>tick show older apps (at panel bottom).

for versions cc 2019 and older, use prodesign tools.com*.

for versions newer than cc 2019 but older than one previous version, contact adobe support for links.**

most adobe download links are available from prodesigntools.com. https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-direct-download-links.html

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it may not remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com

use a browser that allows popups and cookies and contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

p.s you can also use phone (but chat is usually quicker), https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

p.p.s. you can also use twitter to tweet @AdobeCare

p.p.p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 1-year  subscription and I'm trying to install newest version by Creative Cloud. That means it is kind of bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

follow the steps in my previous post to uninstall the problematic cc desktop, clean your computer of adobe files and install the current cc desktop app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are some problems with some languages versions. Go to preferences and choose default language as English. Next try one more time to install lightroom.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines