• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dell put a new Motorboard and SSD in my laptop without deactivating the Lightroom on the old SSD. Now I have reinstalled Lightroom it keeps saying the licence is already in use. How do I get the licence changed to the new SSD as I dont have access the the Dell took away?

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to contact the Adobe support. Only they can reset the activation.

Contact the support via the link below.  Be Signed-In here with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser.

Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Ask only for DEACTIVATION of Lr6.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Contacted Adobe support and had this reply...

New license will cost you but you will be getting the discount because you already having our LR 6 license.

LR 6.14 will be after all the discounts US$99.99

So, shall we proceed with?

Helpful, thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not Adobe support, it is a public forum with mostly other users

Go back to chat again and ask for the deactivation service for your 'locked' activation that was due to a dead computer

Once that is done you will be able to use your existing serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the licence is already in use.".   If the error message is "the CATALOG is already in use" then that is a different problem to Activation (caused by a 'Lock' file). 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-error-catalog-cannot-be-opened-lrcat-lock.htm...

For Activation problems, read the discussion at-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-activation-or-deactivation-versions-o...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Contacted Adobe support and had this reply... New license will cost you

Did you contact support using the AUTOOPEN link, or did someone contact you?

>LR 6.14 will be after all the discounts US$99.99

I could be wrong about this, but I was not aware that LR6 was still being sold

If someone contacted you, instead of you using the AUTOOPEN link, that is a scam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thanks for the suggestions and help. I do appreciate people who genuinely want to help and support.

I followed the original post and from that web page found a way of sending a message from that link to what I thought was Adobe support. If that isn’t Adobe support I don’t know? The email address on the reply is **scam email address** and they sent that message?

I even rang one of the phone numbers off the Adobe web page and had the same response “I will give you a discount on the subscription.”

Everything else on the Adobe site just keeps telling me the product isn’t supported and points back here.

To be honest I have bought something else because this is to much like hard work just to get a licence deactivated with no obvious “contact us email address” on the support web site and not everyone in the world wants subscription software.

I wont be posting again as I have given up trying to sort this out.

Thanks for all you help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a public forum, not Adobe support. Users, including the ACPs and MVPs, can't provide support for account, subscription, billing, download, or product activation issues. Support for those issues requires an Adobe employee.

Adobe provides support through the Chat function on the contact page or through a phone call. There is no email support.

Not all CSRs know that they can still provide an Activation Count Reset for CS6 apps. You need to find one who does. If they point you back to here, tell them that you need help with your ACCOUNT, which requires an employee, and if they don't know how to reset your activations to please find someone who does. Be sure to use the words "Activation Account Reset". That's the only support still available for the older programs.

CHAT: Click the following to contact Adobe customer support staff for help:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

You must be signed in with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser for this to work. Disable any ad, pop-up, or script blockers.

This is the link to the US website. If you are not in the US, the site should redirect to the page appropriate to the region associated with your ID.

Click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session.

LinSims_0-1628856392489.jpeg

If that doesn't work, try this link, which opens a chat window directly:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

PHONE: You can also search this page for a regionally appropriate phone number for customer support.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines