• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC crashes

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded Lightroom CC via Creative Cloud. I already have Lightroom 5 installed. The CC version crashes during launch on my iMac 27" late 2013. I have never had issues before. I have made a restart. Do I have to uninstall version 5 first ?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

If you are having problems running lightroom CC 2015 after installing it,  and signing out and back in to CC does not help , please see option 2 at this link:

Lightroom doesn't launch or quits automatically after splash screen

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file that needs to be re-named or trashed is the pref file inside the User Home/Library/Preferences. Apple hides this Library folder from the casual user now. Hold the Option Key down while looking in the Go Menu and you will see the Library folder choice.

On one Mac I needed to do this. On another I only needed to logout and into Adobe.

Steve Gandy
Photographer - Instructor
stevegandy.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried all the above, log out/log in, got rid of the plist, and still crashes in develop mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any fix for this Adobe?!? There are a lot of different suggestions in this forum for correcting this problem, some of them more involved than others but other than log in/ log out of CC desktop app and deleting preferences shouldn't there be a fix from Adobe? Pretty frustrating - and there are many others who also don't have a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolutely ridiculous!!! This should have been sorted by Adobe. I've just wasted the last 2 days on and off trying to get this to work...................think its time to say goodbye Adobe and "Hello" Capture one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are having problems running lightroom CC 2015 after installing it,  and signing out and back in to CC does not help , please see option 2 at this link:

Lightroom doesn't launch or quits automatically after splash screen

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Renaming SLStore and SLCache worked for me. Thanks to all who suggested it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution two — renaming the cache files — worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeffrey and Mike-

You are welcome.

I'm glad you are now up and running

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaming the cache files was the solution for me, too. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad to hear it fixed your issue, Miriam.

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've tried option 1:  doesn't work.

I've tried option 2 : doesn't work too and I got this error message : "configuration error - error 16".

I'm trying to run the trial version of Lightroom CC for 5 days now !! Staff, thank you for helping me.

Olivia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Olivia,

When you launch a Creative Cloud (CC) or Creative Suite (CS) application and receive a configuration error 15 or 16 that asks you to uninstall or reinstall the product, it means that permissions to application folders are set incorrectly.

See this link for details on this issue: Configuration error | CC, CS

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2015 May 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Option 1 doesn't work.

Option 2 also doesn't work - SLStore and SLCache directories do not exist under Library/Application Support/ Adobe

I have been attempting to try out Lightroom for over a week now with no luck.

Running OSX 10.10.3 and newest version of Abode Lightroom CC. Note: Photoshop CC 2014 works just fine on this same computer (2011 MacBook Air).

Any ideas???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2015 May 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all these options and I keep crashing.  This is not good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the library preferences! Help!!!

I've  uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted... all twice over and now nothing will open!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Finder, go to "GO" hold down the Option Key and the Library appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont seem to have a file there which is called anything with lightroom... what was the file called before you chnaged its name? Thanks, Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problems! It's driving me crazy!!! And the support docs are useless!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running windows 8.1 and I didn't have any issues.  I downloaded/installed Lightroom CC, opened program, it asked to update my LR5 catalog, continued and opened everything in LR6.  Then I proceeded to uinstall LR5.  I was thinking it would have just updated LR5 instead of installing a separate program.  Haven't had issues since, maybe only mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Case closed - no problems. I simply signed out of Creative Cloud and signed in again and voila !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly - no reason to rename files - just logout and back in:

CC applications close immediately after launch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much - logging out and in was the solution for me!

Hint: Make sure that you are logged out (you have to got to preferences - closing the cloud app is not sufficent!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akimulator has is right. Worked for me as well. It's not obvious from within the Creative Cloud program, but you have to go to Preferences to log out. Once I logged out and logged back in, Lightroom CC opened right up and migrated my catalog. It was crashing every time before that.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening, tried all the suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the advice worked for me.  it will rename/recreate your catalog when you launch. They could make this easier/smoother.

At least the solution worked for me.
I renamed the Lightroom preference file: that you find in: ~/Library/Preferences

It is called: com.adobe.Lightroom6.plist

Then i logged out of the Creative cloud app, and in again. And it worked.

Steve Gandy
Photographer - Instructor
stevegandy.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines