• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC crashes

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded Lightroom CC via Creative Cloud. I already have Lightroom 5 installed. The CC version crashes during launch on my iMac 27" late 2013. I have never had issues before. I have made a restart. Do I have to uninstall version 5 first ?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

If you are having problems running lightroom CC 2015 after installing it,  and signing out and back in to CC does not help , please see option 2 at this link:

Lightroom doesn't launch or quits automatically after splash screen

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No go for me.  I logged out of creative cloud and renamed the file as recommended.  I get the splash screen for a second and then nothing.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling lightroom with no improvement. Frustrating to say the least

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log out of your Adobe Creative Cloud  account.and then log back in.   Access your account with the gear icon and the preferences Sign out and then sign back in.  That will probably solve your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to francisjj for spelling it out for me.

I was incorrectly  trying Creative Cloud > Gear Head > Quit to do what I thought was log out, and it wasn't working in fixing the issue.

The advice of Creative Cloud > Gear Head > Preferences > Sign Out > Sign In

is the correct way to sign out and is what actually fixed the crash on launch issue for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is a dozen crashes in the Develop Module. No reason, sometimes just going from one photo to the next - then crash. Uninstalled, reinstalled, signed out, signed in. It's just not ready for prime time I guess. I'm going back to 5.7; I can't work like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 03, 2015 May 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those that are still having problems with crashes in the Develop mode of LR CC, I just discovered that the graphic card may be the issue. I tried the following fix found on another site and it has been working for me with no crashes yet.  

Try this...  Inside LR, Open preferences, check the Performance tab. Is the "Use graphic processor" box checked? If so, uncheck it.

Read more about the change in LRCC/6 here: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Help | Lightroom Graphics Processor Acceleration (GPU) Troubleshooting & F...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what solved my crashing in Develop after a few seconds. After disabling the Use Graphics Processor on my early 2009 MB17, I am happy to say I've working on pictures nonstop for the past 2 hours with no crashes! Thanks queenransom!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2015 May 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off GPU from the user preference dialog!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2015 May 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Lightroom CC was crashing in development mode.

I did all the steps : Renaming folders, log out log in etc. Nothing worked

I turned off the GPU use and TA DA !!! Magic. That works.

Lighroom preferences pane -> Performances -> unckeck the box

My configuration :

iMac 24" later 2009

Yosemite

8Go RAM

Thanks a lot !!!

Sébastien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on mine its not even checked... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same for me.. no solution on this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2015 May 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least i have not found any fix that would work yet.
So i´m just installing and uninstalling once a day now to see if it is fixed or not. No luck yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue: lightroom does not crash immediately, but maybe after 20 seconds or one minute working. I have reinstalled 3 times lightroom, I tried many times to logout and login again, i have renamed the file in the library.

No results. I cannot work with this version at this time. I have Yosemite 10.10.3 on IMac 20-Inch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem. I'm also on an iMac (mid 2011). Renaming/ trashing plist file and signing out of CC app have not worked. LR 5 works fine. Had a lot of trouble with CC so far - I'm a new member and I've already

had to uninstall/ reinstall the CC app, reinstall AE after a patch update and reinstall PS after an update (both of which I ended up using direct download links as the CC app reported corrupt downloads).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same trouble. I've tried signing out (in the CC app preferences, AND in individual apps, including Illustrator, Photoshop and LR5. I've also tried renaming the Lightroom.plist file as suggested, and all of this in various combinations. Then I took a look at this page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-launch-errors-using-logs.html‌

When I followed the instructions there (viewing the contents of amt3.log), I discovered that the last few entries were talking about a problem with my product license.

Now, this is interesting because I am still in my 30-day evaluation period!

So I can't help wondering how many people suffering from this problem are actually signed up and paying. I suppose it could be irrelevant but who knows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a paying member for almost one year for CC (Photoshop) and had purchased LR CS 5 a while back (no previous problems), now upgraded to LR 6 and it keeps crashing. I looked at the ATM log which I don't understand the log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks for confirming that, syd26. I guess this isn't just limited to trial users, in that case. I hope they fix it soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi arnkloev, 

facing the same problem as most of the people here, that the lightroom CC doesn`t launch.

for some reason it worked when installed it the first time, than it crashed during a workflow and is dead since than...

i uninstalled lightroom 5 but the problem remained.

i tried everything from A to Z what i could find on that issue...

tha adobe help seems to have shifted to another planet, there is just nobody, either chat or tel answering

sorry for not beeing helpful

SHAME ON ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi arnkloev, Don't know if you are sorted yet but try this passed to me by sam.am and it works

Alright, try below steps once

Sign out from Creative Cloud desktop App ( do not sign back )

Navigate to MAC HD > Library > Application support > Adobe > SLStore

Delete all contents inside the folder

Navigate to MAC HD > Library > Application support > Adobe > SLCache

Delete all contetnts.

Then sign in back on Creative Cloud desktop App

Check if you can launch Lightroom CC 2015

hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mickuyo,

Your info works for me. All previous info did not worked.

When deleting the suggested directory (SLStore, SLCache, ans also SLStore_v1) and logging back, LR CC did un update and this fixed it so here the recap of worked for me

Hi arnkloev, Don't know if you are sorted yet but try this passed to me by sam.am and it works

Alright, try below steps once

Sign out from Creative Cloud desktop App ( do not sign back )

Navigate to MAC HD > Library > Application support > Adobe > SLStore

Delete all contents inside the folder

Navigate to MAC HD > Library > Application support > Adobe > SLCache

Delete all contetnts.

Then sign in back on Creative Cloud desktop App

Check if you can launch Lightroom CC 2015

hope this helps

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2015 May 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2015 May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Updated LightRoom from 5.7.something to 6 since i wanted to test that HDR merge picture thing.
I have tried to log out log in, changed SLcache and SLstore folders to old, reinstalled, uninstalled again and removed everything related to LightRoom and reinstalled once again.
Still crashes when i try to start it up. Also now all of my apps i have subscribed appear as "start trial" in app list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2015 May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can turning GPU off only be done when Lightroom is up and running? If so i can´t do it since it crashes instantly when i try to start it up. Photoshop and Muse still seem to work without problems.
lr_crashes.jpg

My system specs are:

win 7 64 bit with latest updates and service packs
i7 4770K
256gb ssd
16gb ram
evga gtx 780 ti oc latest drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sakkariko

If you are prompted for a serial number in creative cloud, see this link:https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/ccm-prompt-serial-number.html

If you open an app that's part your Creative Cloud membership and you see a message stating you're running a trial. see this link:  Why does app launch in Trial mode?

Pattie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was never able to resolve this issue during the entire 30-day trial of Lightroom (meaning the trial period ended and I literally never successfully launched Lightroom once). Adobe support was impossible to track down (I wanted to call support, but I couldn't track down any support number or email), and no solutions proposed here or elsewhere were effective. Consequently, I have chosen to use Capture One Pro 8 instead of Adobe Lightroom. I've had a great experience with Capture One so far, and they offer excellent support and even free live webinars to help you get started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines