• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom issues after reinstalling from TimeMachine

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old Macbook Pro broke down so I had to reinstall my Lightroom 6 from TimeMachine.

At first glance the program startet, and I was able to browse an edit as normal, but the next day i suddenly recieved two error messages and now Lightroom won´t open.

I´ve tried to follow the links from the error messages but only end up at a site for bying or downloading a trial of the new CC app.

What to do? I´m not interested in paying for a monthly app when my old version should work out fine on the ¨new¨ Mac, but I´m not sure how to fix the problem either, especially since the program worked flawelessy the first time I tested it after reinstalling.

Message 1:

Adobe Application Manager, required to start your trial, is missing or damaged.

Please download a new copy of Adobe Application Manager from

http://www.adobe.com/go/applicationmanager.

Message 2: 

Adobe Creative Cloud, recuired to solve the problem is missing or is destroyed. You can try to fix the aplication to solve the problem. If the problem continues, you can download and install the new app from http://www.adobe.com/go/adobecreativecloudapp_no

Specs:

Macbook Pro 15 inch Mid 2015, OS Catalina 10.15.

2,5 GHz, Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 (No CD port)

Adobe Lightroom 6 (Originally installed from CD - Now reinstalled from TimeMachine)

Gratefull for any suggestions. 

Petter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time Machine doesn't work properly when installing Adobe apps.  You need to uninstall, use the Cleaner Tool, and then reinstall from a disc or installation file:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Download and Install forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion and for correcting my forum location. Its my first time and I totally forgot about changing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are up against a 'brick wall'!

You cannot Install Lr6 (perpetual) with Mac Catalina OS! (and as stated- Time Machine will not restore essential components!)

The Installer is 32bit. Catalina will only 'run' (to install) 64bit software.

You have options- Find an old Mac 32bit system that will run Lr6, or subscribe to v11.1 (now called Lightroom-Classic)

$9.99 PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (USA)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see, was afraid of something like that. Guess I have some more investingation do. Thank you for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines