Lightroom PC Window 10/64

New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I had a sudden breakdown while saving on Lightroom, it refuses to start again. It will open but during startup but it will eather refuse finishing startupp because " an other program is using the ***.lrcatalog"  Before that LR will start opening until it reaches this message. No other open application is to be found.

If I try to start from a singel image file it even shows the catalog image frames and start loading upp the files but stops before finishing.

If I try to start from an other catalog the result is the same. The Creative Cloud lets me download and unzip installation files but they will not install. I can´t uninstall the existisng LR with the uninstall tool in Windows. 

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If Lightroom is running it creates a .lock file for the opened catalog next to the approriate .lrcat file.

On LRs regulary shut down this file was deleted. If LR crashes the .lock file remains in the appropriate folder.

In this case the .lock file must be deleted manually.

More informations about this, you'll find here: 

The Lightroom catalog cannot be opened because another application already has it opened - lrcat.loc...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines