• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Limit installation of Adobe s/w to ONE USER on a multi-user machine

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Windows 10 machine at home with three user accounts.  Only one of them (mine), is for someone with an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription.  The other two users, however, keep getting a Creative Cloud login popup and other messages related to my subscription.  How can I modify (or reinstall) in such a manner that the paid Adobe software (InDesign, Acrobat Pro, Creative Cloud admin app, etc.) is ONLY on my user account?  The other accounts should only have the common, free Acrobat Reader.  I can't leave my account logged in to share with everyone because it would restrict my usage on my laptop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3Damz 3D, what type of user accounts are the other two Windows 10 accounts set for?  Are the other User accounts attempting to launch any other Creative Cloud software, or are they only opening Acrobat DC when they try to view PDFs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Standard Windows Users (non-admin).  Neither of the two accounts is attempting to launch any Creative Cloud software.  The Creative Cloud admin app keeps popping up on its own, asking them to sign in.  They also get those Clippy-like popups suggesting they use Adobe cloud services, which they do not want to use.  The only software they should have is Adobe READER DC, but neither was trying to access it at the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, 3Damz 3D.  I have not observed this behavior before.  I would recommend you contact our support team at Contact Customer Care for direct assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah... Tried that yesterday before posting here.  First, I waited a half hour for a tech support rep to become available in chat.  Then, we went around in circles because the rep kept talking about being logged in on two different machines with the same account (not the issue here).  Finally, they said, "I'll have to refer you to Technical Support" (which they were supposed to be in the first place!).  At that point, I held on YET AGAIN for another 15 minutes and then just gave up.  VERY frustrated and disappointed with Adobe tech support.

Going to pursue this through Windows support to see if there is a way to limit access to programs by account.  I did find that there is a registry entry that SHOULD prevent Adobe CC admin app from launching at start, but that shouldn't be necessary.  In the case of software that is based on subscriptions, Adobe should include the appropriate settings in the installation package (e.g. a question that says "Install for all users on this machine?" or "Install for just this user account?").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, 3Damz 3D, you can also use the process listed in View Adobe Support cases if you need to update your existing support case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem.
Other users have acrobat error popups when using pdfs.
Has a solution been found?
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what the problem is. The users should have an Adobe ID and sign in. Not sign out. This does not give access to Creative Cloud products licensed to a different user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that some of the many support processes launch regardless of a user being signed in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the support processes start at boot or login. This does not affect the need to login, or not. This does not affect the ability, or inability to use CC apps. This does not affect how Acrobat Reader works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So on the other Windows accounts, a login prompt is generated. If the unneeded Adobe background processes can't run then this wouldn't happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Windows issue, in a business setting it can be fixed via Group Policy settings. I'm not sure how that works on Windows 10 Home (which doesn't support Active Directory) or if Parental Controls can be used to restrict software.

Local Group Policy might also be able to limit software use.

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/simple-questions-what-local-group-policy-editor-how-use-it/

https://news.microsoft.com/en-in/features/windows-10-parental-controls-feature/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a Windows issue, this is an Adobe installer issue. The Adobe installer is not providing the option to choose whether or not to install the software for "just me" or for "all users of this computer." At the very least, be installer should have a command line switch to provide this option, but it does not. That's a software limitation, not a Windows limitation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Bill27940026w2un 

what happens if win user A installs the adobe cc app and signs in with their adobe id, and then win user B signs into that win computer?

is win use B able to use the adobe apps without seeing an adobe cc sign-in prompt?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines