Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link to Lightroom 5 download is missing

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I paid for a perpetual license for Lightroom 5 a few years back and now need to reinstall it on my new Mac.

I've searched these forums, which seem to point to the following URL for legacy downloads:

Download legacy versions of Creative Cloud apps

However, I only see Lightroom 6 available to download, not Lightroom 5.

I then tried going to the Order History section of my Adobe account, and my Lightroom 5 purchase shows up there, but when I click on download, I get the following error: "Sorry, this software is currently unavailable for download.  Please report this error to your associated Partner Help Desk.  Apologies for any inconvenience".

I then opened a support case, but the support agent told me that I must seek help regarding installation through the Adobe Forums.

So here I am.

Any help appreciated!

Regards,

Tim.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Timh24649062, I am sorry to hear that you are facing problems obtaining the installation files for Lightroom 5.  As Kglad indicated the links are no longer publically available.  If the download is not enabled then you will need to work directly with our support team at Contact Customer Care to be provided a download link.

Can you please update this public forum discussion with the case number from your recent interaction?  You can find information on how to locate and update your recent support

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you purchased a perpetual license from and registered with adobe, check https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-downloaded-file-app.html for info on how to download non-current adobe programs.

if you have trouble with your downloaded files, https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-downloaded-file-app.html

if that fails AND you've (a) registered your software with adobe or (b) can provide proof of purchase, using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

there are also some older cc versions available for download and use by current subscribers, https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-previous-version-apps-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your response, kglad.

The first link you provided -  Find downloaded apps and files -  suggests that the file can be downloaded via Order History, but as I mentioned above, I get the following error when trying to do this: "Sorry, this software is currently unavailable for download.  Please report this error to your associated Partner Help Desk.  Apologies for any inconvenience".

When I contacted Adobe Support, I was told to seek help in the forums, so I'm a bit lost with what to do right now?

Any further ideas greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timh24649062, I am sorry to hear that you are facing problems obtaining the installation files for Lightroom 5.  As Kglad indicated the links are no longer publically available.  If the download is not enabled then you will need to work directly with our support team at Contact Customer Care to be provided a download link.

Can you please update this public forum discussion with the case number from your recent interaction?  You can find information on how to locate and update your recent support cases at View Adobe Support cases .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, thanks for your reply.  My case number is ADB-7425543-G1V3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies, Timh24649062.  I have provided feedback regarding your experience and requested that you be contacted directly with a download link.  If you can please use the process listed in View Adobe Support cases to update support case ADB-7425543-G1V3 with your preferred callback time.

Please update this public forum discussion, if you face any additional difficulties, Timh24649062.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. This is exactly my problem. I have a perpetual lisence for Lightroom 6. I uninstalled it and wish to reinstall but the download center states that the installer for this version is no longer available. I contacted Customer Care as Jeff suggested and got the same response as Timh24649062

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

most adobe download links are available from prodesigntools.com. https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-direct-download-links.html

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it may not remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last time I looked, Lightroom 6.14 here https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-6-end-of-support.html

When kglad says to save the file, that is save to at least one external device in case your computer dies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad and John, thank you, thank you!!!!!! That worked!!! You guys are AWESOME. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines