Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linux Designer Seeks to End Systemic Discrimination Against Linux Users

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Community!

Let's bridge the gap between design and open source.

I grew up using Macintosh computers and Adobe creative products. I started using Linux full time about 10 years ago because it's so fun and I enjoy the freedom.

I'd love to run Adobe creative products on my Linux computer.

The argument against porting Adobe products to Linux is "too few humans use Linux" but I think this is not the right attitude to have. Many people do not use Linux because Microsoft and Adobe do not support Linux.

Only you, Adobe, have the power to bring more designers to Linux.

Open Source Loves Design.

Open Source Loves Adobe.

Adobe Loves Linux.

C'mon Adobe! Let's here you say it!

Check out this open source design project:

https://opensourcedesign.net/

Also some photo evidence that Adobe is getting involved in open source:

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Feature request , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best of luck with the effort! Definitely there are folks who have been asking for native Adobe apps on Linux for some time. 

This is primarily a user-to-user forum, so you may also want to submit your request directly to the Adobe engineers and developers here:

https://adobe.com/go/wish

You probably also know that you could use a dual-booting setup with Linux + Windows, or use open source VirtualBox to virtualize Windows and then install Creative Cloud on there. (But, of course, in both cases that's still using Windows.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply!

I'll follow up adobe.com/go/wish

Yeah I know we can run things in a VM, I just figured since it's 2021 and since the Web is the platform and since so many things are cross platform now, it would be a good time to bug Adobe about this again.

There are many people like myself who would love to do everything open source but I understand that's not possible always so why can't I be like 98% open source? hehe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines