[Locked] HOW MANY PEOPLE HATE ADOBE NOW? raise your hands

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2013 May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many of you love all this confusion and new pricing. I have used Adobe products since 1990!!!!  This must be a late April fools joke.

[Edit: a portion of this post was removed. Please do not personally attack anyone, including Adobe employees.]

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 751 Replies 751
Enthusiast ,
May 11, 2013 May 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hans we already have a petition and it has over 7000 signatures now:

http://www.change.org/petitions/adobe-systems-incorporated-eliminate-the-mandatory-creative-cloud-su...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hans we already have a petition and it has over 7000 signatures now:

http://www.change.org/petitions/adobe-systems-incorporated-eliminate-t he-mandatory-creative-cloud-s...

Looks like that’s going to hit 15,000 by end of today. But still only an annoying mosquito buzz to Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, when you're a monopoly, you pretty much have free reign to do what you want.

A while back our electric company started tacking on this "Full Cost Surcharge".  When you called them up, they could not give you a reason why it was there or what it was for.  After a couple months, it started costing more than the actual electricity itself, in essence doubling our bill.  This went on for months.  Then all of a sudden it stopped.  An investigation into it was done by the state, and they found no criminal wrong doing.

Don't get me wrong, I love America and wouldn't want to live anywhere else.  But America is corrupt to the freaking core.  I have no delusions.  Capitalism is about nothing more than greed.  Adobe is a monopoly; they have free reign to do what they want, and no petition or investigation will change that.  Heck, what does the government think would happen if they DID find Adobe at fault?  Any fine levied onto Adobe would simply be passed on to its customers.  That's business 101.

Adobe only understands  $$$.  A DDoS that takes down their site would prevent them from doing business through it, and that would get their attention.  But again, any loss would just be passed onto the innocent consumer.  What we need is an alternative to Adobe.  And software that can readily replace what Adobe has pretty much bought out in the past isn't just laying around.

The best thing that can be done is to abstain from business with Adobe.  Make due with what you have.  Convince others not to buy into Adobe.  I've been badmouthing them to as many people whom have authority over their company's IT purchases as possible (networking, baby!) and I could easily say right now that I'm keeping a good $50,000 from Adobe's coffers.  Got a lot of IT managers to go with the "We'll make due with what we have" mentality.

Adobe's become very stagnant; if you look at PS CC vs PS CS5 (and even a couple versions before that), there really isn't that much different between them.  Being a Monopoly, Adobe has gotten lazy and will not innovate.  Uprevving versions does not a progress make.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That petition is closed. Anyone know why?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just signed that, I was happy to!!! It says they only need 723 more signatures! Get the word out!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

corrinamlewis

You just "signed" what? Put up a link please.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I was responding to Andy Bay's earlier post, where he posted the following link:

http://www.change.org/p/adobe-systems-incorporated-eliminate-the-mandatory-creative-cloud-subscripti...

sheesh.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I just signed it (and added a bit more )

We should keep that link alive every now and then. I never even knew it

existed.

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 6:13 PM, corrinamlewis <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2015 Sep 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an Adobe CC for Teams reseller I actually sent the team an email to this rant page.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's see if they ask me to stop reselling

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Adobe CC through a reseller two years ago. Now regretting it. The Canadian dollar has sunk to 75 cents and now it costs me over $900 with tax to renew for just one year. And yet the software continues to have so many holes in it's not funny. I have a long list of problems with InDesign, Illustrator and PhotoShop.

I may only renew InDesign monthly and then use Affinity Designer and Affiinity Photo in place of Illustrator and PhotoShop respectively. Designer opens native AI and Photo opens PSD files and for just $60 one-time fee, much more value for the cost.

Thank Adobe, but you've priced yourself out of the ballgame.

Have been using Illustrator since Illustrator 88, PhotoShop since v1, and InDesign since 3 [1 and 2 were jokes].

Time to look to more cost-effective solutions and Adobe's isn't it.

Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you dive into Affinity Photo, have a good look at Pixelmator! It turned out to be our industrial-strength PS replacement (after much research...)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please unsubscribe from daily emails.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rob: As long as your criticism is not insulting or with a hostile attitude, you'll be surprised by Adobe's lenience towards different opinions or fact-based arguments, even from their resellers. The typical "love or hate", "friend or foe", "fan-boy or flamer" attitude doesn't work with Adobe. And why would you choose such extreme positions ? If there's some common ground between your business and Adobe's products and services, and it's an affordable offer, don't hesitate to deal with them selectively. If not, feel free to vent your thoughts while moving on.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Peter, I'm glad you brought this up.  I for one did not want to bring up a hostile attitude.  In fact, while I was working directly with someone within Adobe Video on establishing a better relationship as a reseller, it was quite fruitful and helpful.  This was actually meant to strike up a constructive discourse.  And sometimes that means you gotta yell a bit to be heard.  All that aside, I have to admit I am one consultant that has been know to have strong opinions.  I had found this board because I wanted Adobe to realize that the "sales" stance I have been given as a reseller does not in fact reflect what the true community, even professionally, actually feels.  I admit, you may have found my comments to be "fanboy", but assure you, it was geared because I honestly would like Adobe to understand some of the true dissatisfaction of its customer base.

I for one have been a proponent for the subscription model.  As a long time, former Apple Consultant, I was always supportive of a non-piracy attitude toward large software companies (i.e. Adobe, Apple, Microsoft, etc.).  That however, as I am sure you aware, small boutiques and professional companies still unfortunately act in this matter. (I for one choose not to be a police dog, but refuse to deal with issues when dealing with those systems). 

What I have had an issue with is that Adobe seems to have forgotten its roots, just to make sure profits are high and the stocks are soaring.  Look, maybe that's just one thing I see, but let's face it, Adobe is not for non-profit (nor should it be).  What gets me is instead of providing a progressive stance like many 21st century companies have, I see Adobe falling into the same thought pattern of the old Microsoft (which as we know, doesn't fly anymore).  I believe that small consulting firms and IT shops (including resellers), as well as any professional company helping Adobe sales make more sales, should be able to be incentivized not just by sheer discounts and profit, but by providing NFR opportunities, and/or an actual structured "Adobe Consultants Network", so that the idea of a community dedicated to the progress of professional and artistic projects done by the Adobe PLATFORM, can flourish, where Adobe is not seen as "the big bad death star".  Adobe SHOULD DEFINITELY CHARGE for their software, and frankly how can Adobe survive making excellent products without large revenue? It's in the give back is what I'm saying.  For those of us that are helping to get the word out, that are trying to convince customers to upgrade from their older software, and join the Creative Cloud ... help us help you.  For I truly believe that the Creative Cloud model works, for Adobe and actually for small Teams (I of course am focusing more on the Teams offering in this statement).  I'm sick of the companies that will not upgrade because of these old issues (and frankly, you may not be aware, but there are more than you think!).  However, Adobe has to also understand this change.  The head of the "Adobe" family needs to be a nurturing one, not just a stern one.  Make the money needs to continue making great products.  But also combat the mindshare that you just are looking for profit.

Is that I hope a little less "fanboy"?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly never thought I'd say this, but <edited out text. please keep your posts clean> The CEO should allow every single person they're raking over the coals during this recession to <edit >slap him across the face.  I mean straight up 5 across the eyes.  Feel free to top it off with spitting in his face.  Man, that'd be therapeutic.

Yup.  <edit> Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What recession?  It's been over in the US for a couple of years.  I often wonder about all these people who think Adobe shouldn't make money do for a living? Do they work for nothing or give away the products or services that they create?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're about to hate Apple soon too:

"Report: AppleCare extended warranty could become subscription-based"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Applecare warranty has nothing to do with what Adobe is doing. A warranty being subscruption based is not a bad idea. Leasing software is a bad idea.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most meaningful commercial software is going to move toward the leasing model. Apple's warranty subscription is just them testing the waters for such a model.

BTW, a subscription price for ANYTHING  you used to pay a one time price for is a bad idea. Guaranteed.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the subscription model means the same thing at Adobe as it does at Microsoft and Apple and everywhere else, lack of inovation.  It's corporate welfare at it's worst.  We've done all the innovation with this product we are going to do so pay us to stay in business to do little or nothing in the future but if you don't pay us to sit on our fat corporate plural of a donkey, we'll make your projects you've worked so hard to build worthless.  It's Adobe speak, Microsoft speak, Apple speak meaning keep us on the publice dole.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2013 Oct 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm agree with you, but what you meant by Apple? I don't know any Apple subscription software.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will no longer be using their products. So I really hope their testing of the waters is a TOTAL FAILURE !!! For them and any other company that tries this stupid idea !!!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2015 Sep 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct! The key word is choice.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple is already way expensive this will just make it un affordable in the third world

Kanuj

http://Candytech.in

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines