Exit

Long Term Supported Apps

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI ALL:

Hope all's well. Not sure if anyone manages their updates this way:

I have to keep my installed apps updated per our IT security recommendations. But, I try to keep my app updates limited to Long Term Support versions. It's been helping me keep my system and workflow stable doing my updates this way. I have two suggestions:

- An LTS (long term support) icon, indicator, or text label next to the version number in the "All Apps/Installed" list. 

- Quick-Option to update to most recent LTS version.

Thanks for your consideration,

E

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Feature request , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be aware Adobe apps aren't supported in Windows LTSB. BecausexWindiwd LTSB is for, like, medical equipment and power stations operation, not desktop design apps. Adobe have no LTS version of their CC apps. They only support the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks for replying. I don't think we're talking about the same thing. I'm talking about these versions:

Long Term Supported version (LTS)

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/cc-support-policy.html#:~:text=A%20long%2Dterm%20supported%....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stand corrected. Are you on an Enterprise Creative Cloud subscription? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. I was thinking that the indicators could be helpful so that I don't have to go into the "Older Versions" sections to see if I was running an LTS version. And a second button that says update to latest LTS version. Just have these things up-front as a quality of life update for those that have to update frequently but don't necessarily want the very latest main version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines