Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost CD for Flash Pro CS5

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community Helpers,

\I need my copy of Flash Pro CS5 to view a learning game we created with it. The disk is gone. I can't find a download option in my account although I did register the produst at purchase. The program is no longer on my computer as I deleted it when Flash ended last year, stupidly not realizing I'd need it to view our game.

Can you please tell me how to get it back on my computer. I hope!

Thanks for any help,

Linda

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

you can expect problems activating, but the download is still available:

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it won't remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com

https://prodesigntools.com/all-adobe-cs5-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can expect problems activating, but the download is still available:

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it won't remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com

https://prodesigntools.com/all-adobe-cs5-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much kglad. I'll review the linked page you sent carefully. Really appreciate your advice to pay close attention to step 1 and to save the install file. I'll get at this later today or over the weekend and post back results.

Two other community members gave me an Adobe email to try so I've also sent a plea for help to that email. Surely one of these methods will save my bacon!

Thank you for taking time to help me out!!

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe support won't do anything to help you with cs5 (except to reset an activation count and they won't do that via email).

anyway, beware of scammers finding your post and emailing your pretending to represent adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no, kglad, I had private messages from 2 people giving me the same email address. Never thought of scammers in a help forum, which I guess was pretty naive of me since I'm phobic about them everywhere else. Of course, to be polite, I emailed them both back to thank them. Sigh. Thanks for reminding me to be careful The scum are everywhere.

I will now focus on the information you linked me to.

Thanks again,

Linda

P.S. Would it help if I posted the email they gave me here??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: those private massages - i'm not sure what you mean by "help".

if you mean would it help me to determine if they were scammers, no.  what would be helpful to determine that would be to post their adobe id's (=their username). eg, kglad for me and IreineLinda for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion. I didn't see an Adobe username; it was sent by Martin Denise with this email address to use: AdobeIncCare@outlook.com.

I am getting replies from people at that address so maybe it was legit after all. It looks as though they don't support a CS5 download for my Windows 7 64 bit system but I'm trying to confirm that before using the method in the link you provided earlier.

Will post progress either way.

Thanks for helping out,

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's not from adobe and almost certainly is a scammer.

don't give them any personal/financial/private info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also got the same Email for help but the correct Email Address is Adobe.Inc.Care@outlook.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the scammers are busy, and the same warning to you: don't give them any personal/financial/private info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the warning! All they have now is my plea for help and email address. I should have known it was a scam with the outlook address. As usual, the scammers play on desperation and task urgency ... and I totally fell for it. Duh. That email conversaion is now junked and I'm heading over to your link to try and get a copy of CS5 on my computer. Will post how I do once I can get at it.

Appreciate your input and your being here to help us gullible types!!

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe will not send you an email for support, and Adobe absolutely does not use an outlook.com address

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John. See my note to kglad. I was "had" ... and it made me realize I wasn't as "scam intelligent " as I thought I was. We learn tricks; they change tactics. Sigh.

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@IreneLinda 

I hate to call your attention to the elephant in the room but Flash is dead! 

Nobody can view Flash-based content anymore because Flash Player is end of life.  Even if you find an installer, modern browsers and operating systems block Flash content for security reasons.

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Get Animate CC which outputs to either HTML5 or WebGL.  No special players required.

https://www.adobe.com/products/animate.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for weighing in. I do know Flash is dead and had been dying for years. All I want to do is be able to access the learning game we created using Flash CS5. It will be so much easier to know what to do with the Flash version and how to adapt it to another software if I can see it playing on my computer. Right now, I just have dozens of Word docs with questions and answers. My error was forgetting I could use my purchased CS5 to watch the game, even though I knew I couldn't use it anywhere else. Because of this, I deleted the program from my computer and misplaced the disc.

Thank you for the link to Animate. I will research it since all I know about it currently is its name! 😉

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. Just as an FYI, here's the latest email from the people at outlook address: We offered you the CS 6 Upgrade but that will cost you and you are eligible for discount,

I find it interesting they keep replying, but I now suspect they're hoping to get me to pay for this upgrade and, voila, they'll have financial information! No way now; I'm just junking any outlook.com emails from "adobe". Thanks again for the warnings!!!

Lindaquote

By @IreneLinda

By @IreneLinda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the entire scam may be to get you to pay.  then nothing is delivered or a pirated copy of cs6 is delivered.

for sure, a valid copy of cs6 won't be delivered because they're not available and they can't even be legally transferred from one person to another (though i don't think adobe is making any effort to prevent person-to-person transactions).

anyway, cs6 doesn't offer you anything that you need to see and play your game, and check your coding.  as an aside, the current animate will not work for playing that cs5 fla, if actionscript 2 was used.  if as3 was used, the current animate should handle.

anyway, you should be able to download cs5 from prodesigntools.com without problem.  that next hurdle will be seeing if you can get it to activate. that may be a challenge.  (you do have your serial number, correct?)

also, if you just want to play your game, you can use an older (security unsafe, unsupported) version of flash player.  that's what you'll be doing with flash cs5, but you can be confident the bundled player is safe as long as you trust the swf that's being played.  Presumably you trust your game so that shouldn't be an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, excellent information, kglad. Thank you!

Yeah, you're right: they're leading up to getting me to pay for something that's either not coming at all or is an illegitimate version. I will not be doing that or communicating any further with the scammers!

As for Animate, I checked Nancy's link and discovered I can't use it right now because I'm still on Windows 7. I have a suspicion actionscript 2 was what I used, although I'm not sure. Will I be able to figure that out when I can access the fla files in the downloaded version? It would be fantastic if I could transfer the game to Animate in the future!

I do have my serial number, thanks to Adobe having a record of it. I appreciate your telling me that the version I download will be safe for my purposes. I trust the swf files and just want to refresh myself on the actual learning game ... so much better than reading the Word docs version!

Really appreciate all your help and advice. Next step: clear some time to download the program from ProDesign Tools. Will post back once I have.

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, you can see your code even if you use the current animate.  but, i believe, if its as2, it will be commented out and definitely won't execute in any flash/animate version after cs6.  cs5, no problem.

keep us posted.  we like helping nice people like you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YAY!! Wow, kglad, it worked absolutely perfectly and CS5 is now installed on my computer and it even has my fla files in it already! Why I don't know, but isn't that great?! I just tested the game in Flash Professional and there it all was. Still can't believe it, but am totally delighted.

I can't thank you enough for your perfect suggestion of ProDesign Tools and will definitely pass on my thanks to Jim for offering this great service. His instructions were clear and easy to follow ... as long as you go slowly through them each in order, as you suggested.

One question I should know the answer to but am not sure: how do or can I copy the software onto a CD so I keep a copy in a separate place? Do I jsut save the 2 files (zip and exe) or ...?

Again, huge thanks. So lucky to have access to the help in this community!

Linda

P.S. Thank you for your kind comment ... it made my day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're very welcome, and congratulations on getting it activated.  i thought you might have a problem because others have been posting about problems with their older adobe program activations.

and you can save the files anywhere you want including burning a cd.  (but the more current hard copy would be a usb stick.)  generally, saving more than one place (eg, a hard drive and a usb or cd) would typical.

now, to convert to html5 i would suggest using the current animate.  and if you want to make a mobile game, i would suggest unity 3d.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! I'll save them on both a USB drive and a CD (because I have dozens hanging around) to be extra sure.

Yes, I was nervous about the activation myself because you'd warned about it in your very first post. It was a VERY pleasant surprise when it activated perfectly, first time out.

Hadn't heard of unity 3d so appreciate the suggestion and will look into them. Will also investigate Animate further ... once we can spring for a new PC with Windows 10!

Again, huge thanks for ALL your help and support throughout.

Linda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome, and best wishes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great one, kglad. I'm new here and this was helpful.

Visibleair!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Sundsu5C73 , welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines