Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR6 "Serial used by max nr" -No access to old computers

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I want to install LR6 on my new computer. The two computers LR6 previously was installed on don´t exist any longer. How can I please get access to customer service in order to reset my serial number? It´s denied to LR6 users!

Thank you very much,

Christian

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Adobe Customer Service and only ask to have your activations reset:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=STAM_downloading-installing-setting-up_serial-numbers-rede...Chat and Agent Larger.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bob, but there is no such icon on the site. I guess it´s because I´m a LR6 customer.

Why isn´t it just possible to deactivate unused seats from my Adobe account myself, like it´s pretty much standard with other software brands? If not, why is contact to customer service denied? Also Adobe obviously sees, that the old seats have no contact to Adobe servers - one of them for several years.

The installation files for LR6 aren´t available either any longer. But for LR3 they are - why??

So, Adobe, you´re making it obviously impossible to use a product I´ve paid for. You´re trying to get customers to buy more stuff by stealing their licenses - really ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bob, but there is no such icon on the site.

Try a different browser or during normal business hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, Bob. I´ve tried it with Firefox, Chrome, Edge during normal californian business hours - but there´s still no such icon.

Meanwhile I´ve received from James Roberts this private message from the Adobe Support Forum:

"Hi,

You can Directly send Email to our Adobe Customer Care Team at Email Address:-
Adobhelp24x7atoutlook.com and they will help you via Email.

Team Adobe"

I did this and gave them my AdobeID and my serial. They asked me about my OS and this is all I got:

Adobe Systems Incorporated <Adobhelp24x7@outlook.com>
"Thank you for your patience.
Older version of the version of the Purchase of LR 6 is no longer available.
so we have to generate the new license of LR 6.14 and help you to Download, Install and Activate on your Computer."
Did I just get mugged on the Adobe Support Community or is this just a bad robot agent? And what would the mugger do with my serial - he also can´t contact customer service. Or can he when he has a CC subscription??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

His user name here on the forum: James Roberts..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone else reading this... take a minute to read the announcements at the top of the forum pages

Adobe posts warnings for a reason

Phish.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was blinded. Blinded by desperation because contact to Adobe is categorically denied to me.

For me practically nothing has changed, though. Originally I couldn´t use my software, because I can´t contact Adobe - now I can´t use it, because I got mugged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I don´t know, what happened, maybe it was the cookies, the icon appeared now...

Maybe my fault...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

COOKIES !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because contact to Adobe is categorically denied for me as LR6 user, I just got mugged here on the forum, gave him/her my ID and serial. I can´t of course contact Adobe about this. See this post for more:  "Serial used by max nr" -No access to old computers"

Thanks for any help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't anyone read the warning above the discussions?

Phish.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I read this now, too. I was blinded by desperation, because there is NO WAY for me to contact Adobe!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that you have given away your information after not reading the announcements, I don't think there is anything Adobe can do to help you

You MIGHT be able to contact support (the real support) and ask for a new serial number and for your old serial number to be deactivated... but I have no idea if that will work

Here is the link to the REAL Adobe support
Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html for chat
-click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session
-the chat icon looks like '3 dots inside a circle' at the lower right
-type AGENT into the chat window to connect directly to a person rather than the AI
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
Also: beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for your experience but scammers & impostors on the Internet are nothing new.  This community has multiple posts warning about them (see below).

3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Scammers will say & do almost ANYTHING to get access to your personal information and computer.  Be vigilant and NEVER share personal data with strangers.   Contact Adobe over secure channels only via online chat or phone.

LR6 is discontinued & unsupported. Unless you purchase a PAID Creative Cloud subscription, Adobe cannot help you with anything except an activation count reset. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I don´t know, what happened, maybe it was the cookies, the chat icon appeared now...

Maybe my fault...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I combined your 2 different posts.

Best wishes and have a great holiday season.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I`ve contacted customer service via the chat icon now. I told them everything, they resetted my serial, and now the activation on my new computer worked. Puuuhh...

Thanks a lot to all and sorry for all accussations and creating such a mess! I guess it´s the neverending lockdown which makes me paranoid 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it sorted out.

Have a great holiday season.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also found the installation files in my account now. Again, I could swear, that they weren´t there a couple of day ago. -Or it´s indeed the lockdown induced brain degradation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Or it´s indeed the lockdown induced brain degradation..."

🙂

Don't feel bad.  I was ordering gifts online and couldn't remember my cousin's last name. COVID brain-freeze.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using the desktop Firefox or Edge browsers, even following the correct link to the page where the chat icon should be, within business hours, it was never there. It is possibly a desktop browser issue, but the icon was there in the mobile version of Firefox.

From Firefox mobile I was able to connect with an agent within 1 minute. Curiously, as soon as I connected with the agent, an identical chat window popped up on the Firefox page of my desktop screen, and I was able to continue the chat using the desktop browser.

If you do decide to go the mobile browser route, have your LR6 activation key at hand, as it will be asked for. It was the only piece of information I was asked for. My LR6 product had the activation reset within seconds, no hesitation, and tested whilst the agent waited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines