• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac superdrive not picking up my Adobe Photoshop CS6 disc

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I uninstalled a more recent Adobe Photoshop as someone put it on there without me asking them to.  I uninstalled it and wanted to go back to using my Adobe Photoshop CS6 as it has all I need for my work. When I put the disc in the superdrive it just keeps spinning and the Mac don't pick it up.  I've cleaned the disc socket and the disc but no change. I signed into my Adobe Photoshop account and tried downloading it from there as the serial number is still registered.  I pressed the 'download' icon but it just takes me to a page saying I should get Adobe support supervision or something.  I tried that link but nothing comes up.  I don't understand why my disc isn't being recognised when it worked fine before when I was first bought it.  
Any advise I'd appreciate it, I'm a bit archaic when it comes to my Mac which is running High Sierra, but I know the CS6 works fine with this one.  So I'm a creature of habit.  

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the disk is not being read by your MAC then that seems to be hardware/OS problem. Try the disk on a different computer if it works then you would need help for your CD Drive. On the other hand if you want to contact support as per the link you see you can follow the instructions given below

1. Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
2. Wait a bit on the page that opens up, it should automatically open a chat popup. If that does not happen then look for a call out/chat icon at the bottom right, click over it and the chat popup should open
3. In order to talk to a human type "AGENT" in the chat box
4. If you are not able to get to the chat window, then disable your adblockers, firewall, enable cookies/scripts on your browser. If it still fails then change your browser/machine/network.

P.S. Be mindful of answering anyone who sends you a private message. See the following for more information about scammers
https://tinyurl.com/y7cfrr7y
-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Manan, thanks for replying. I only have the Mac to try the disc in unfortunately. I did spend about an hour on that virtual assistant, got a real person on it and they ended up telling me they were in Adobe Photoshop Accounts and Billing and I'd best go onto this community page to help find the answer as they were unable to help. Unsure why they have Accounts and Billing people trying to help on an installation problem, or else they just didn't know the answer and that was their excuse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could try downloading the installer from the following link.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

Also before installation use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to remove all things Adobe to fix probable issues with licensing that might be in offer as @Test Screen Name explained.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try the disk in another Mac and see if it works; could be the SuperDrive.

By the way, your problems may be just beginning. A newer Photoshop will replace the permanent license with a subscription, even for CS6. Uninstalling may not fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that, I did try a different disc in the Superdrive and it worked fine. Can't try the Adobe Photoshop disc in another computer as I only have my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines