• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mastersuite CS4

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have Mastersuite Creative CS4 from uni as a grant to help me as part of my disability and it's running on MacBook Pro Mid 2009 as it has been running perfectly for years. Except now when i go onto Lightroom it won't let me delveop my photos. All the other software is all working except Lightroom and it asking me to active my serial number which i do have but it is NOT accepting it at all! PLEASE can someone hello me find a resolution to resolving this there's gotta be a way round this issue surely!

I have attached the file too and it won't accept the serial number either! 😞 I spoke to adobe they was NOT much help at all and telling me to write it on this community!

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @R.M-S,

If it has started asking for the serial number then we are in troubled waters. The thing is the activation servers for CS4 have been pulled off by Adobe so we can't register/activate the product now. What you may try is to restore to a previous date if you do make a backup.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have cs4 master suite, and it's working, correct?

and you have lr cc 2015, that's not working.  was that actually purchased as lightroom 6 perpetual license or was it from an adobe subscription?

do you current have an adobe subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes for my new MacBook Pro but using cs4 on an older machine......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the other software works fine just not lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then how is cs4 related to your lr problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried one license nuumber then it wouldn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean, you tried the CS4 license on newer software? Indeed, that won't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Test Screen Name 

the op is confused.  cs4 is irrelevant to the discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@R.M-S 

if you have a lr 6 serial number, use the lr 6 installation file, not the lr cc 2015 file.  ie, properly uninstall lr cc 2015 and install the last lr 6 version (6.14)

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-6-end-of-support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom is not related to the CS4 suite at all. To use Lightroom, you need a CC subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines