Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Most recent files not showing on taskbar

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've had a problem forever now, and just got around to deciding to try and fix it.

Reinstalling the apps makes no difference, and this is affecting multiple apps

The issue is very simple: When I right-click the icon for Pr or Ae on my taskbar (W10), it comes up with a list of my recent files, including any I have pinned at the top.

However, the most recent file... is not there.

I open up Pr, and on the front screen, there are my recent files, and the one I worked on yesterday is at the top of the list. But not when I right-click on my taskbar icon.

I create a new project, save it, close Pr.

Check the taskbar, still nothing, neither the file I worked on yesterday, or the one I just created is there, only the ones I worked on before.

Clearly there is some way to get entries onto the list because I have older files showing there, but never the actual most recent files.

Tried contacting Adobe chat this morning who were next to useless and started to tell me I was using the wrong workflow, and that it takes time for items to appear on the recent files list, which sounded nonsense.

Even notepad works, just not this.

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
9 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ran the cleaner tool and done a fresh install.

Interesting, all my other recent files are still there when I right-click the new icon on my taskbar. Still not the most recent.

Opened the file, changed it, saved it again (for the 6th time this morning), still not appearing on the most recent files list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with Illustrator, on Windows 10.
Unfortunately some files never show up on the recently opened items on the taskbar on the illustrator icon after right-click. 

Any info would be appreciated! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem on Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and just solved it. Maybe it could help with other similar Adobe programs.

Delete this Registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\AVGeneral\cRecentFiles

Then click "Clear Recent" on the lower right corner of the Home tab in Acrobat Reader:

Dmzu_1-1624125473053.png

And finally, restart the program. Recent files are showing again on the taskbar:

Dmzu_2-1624125728183.png

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe, though I may be wrong, that the recent files list shown when you right click on a Windows taskbar icon has no connection to the apps recent list. It isn't even kept by the app. Rather, items are added by Windows. As such, if the list isn't what you expect, that's something to complain of to Microsoft, as Adobe has no control over it.  It may vary with how you open the files e.g. with some apps maybe only a double click in File Explorer adds items, with others, Windows notices all the Open that you do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Test Screen Name is right! The Windows 10 taskbar is handled by Windows 10. It may be that programs need to communicate the recent files to Windows, but I suppose that is done by standard open file dialogue or save file dialogue.

May be asking this in a Windows forum without saying that it is Premiere will help here. Just to say: if you say it's Premiere Pro, the first 10 answers will be to ask Adobe, even if it is probably not Adobe.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only imagine that Windows gets the recent files list from the program in some way. Adobe products are the only ones that I use that do not have the last opened files on their right-click pop-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LetsReason 

what are you clicking (or right clicking)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I thought had included a screenshot. I am right-clicking the icon either in the taskbar or Start menu.Right-Clicking App Icon.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this looks like an ms issue, not adobe because i enabled settings>personalization>start>show recently....

kglad_0-1677252753886.png

i restarted my computer and saw no recently opened file.  i then opened various apps/documents and closed and saw inconsistant results which appear, to me, to be ms related, not adobe. eg:

acrobat: not shown

animate: shown

chrome:  shown

edge: not shown

excel: shown

quicken: not shown

photoshop: not shown

Votes

Translate

Translate