• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving from PC to Mac

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I swap from PC to Mac, will I need to purchase new software, or is my existing licence transferable? I am running CS5 and Lightroom 4

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

You need to upgrade to CS6 and make the switch. LR is already cross-platform enabled.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For CS5, see http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/order-product-platform-language-swap.html

"You cannot swap from one platform or language of a previous version to another platform or language on that same previous version."

Seems like Aobe will only allow you to crossgrade from CS5 Win to CS6 Mac.

Have you thought of joining the Adobe Creative Cloud which gives you a multiplatform license amongst other benefits?

Lightroom is already a multi-platform license so you can just download the LR4 Trial version from the website and activate it on your new Mac using your existing serial niumber.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to upgrade to CS6 and make the switch. LR is already cross-platform enabled.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya Mylenium,

I have recently bought the commercial version of CS6 Design and Web Premium (English),  would i be able to language swap this to German language?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danielpipes you can swap the language for the current version.  Please refer to the link offered by John Waller in message #1 of this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff, one more question, if i make a swap, does Adobe send me a fully boxed version of that item as you would when you buy them on a shelve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can request a boxed copy yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Illistrator CS4 and photoshop CS5 extended for the PC. My PC needs replacement badly, and I am going to buy current Macbook Pro. How can i get the software for my Mac by swopping?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, swapping is no longer available

Second, CS4 and CS5 will not run on a new Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines