Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MS Office slows while opening since I ADOBE CC was installed

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Support Team,

Ref: Intel Core i5. 16GB RAM. Win 10Pro 21H2. 64-bit. 

Have recently buy to above mentioned PC. Installed MS Office and later on the Adobe CC package. Since the Adobe CC instalation MS Office started to slow down while opening any of the MS apps (Word, Excel or PowerPoint).  The specific behavior is that when click to open any of the MS APPs it takes 2-3 minutes to finaly open. I changed PC because I thought it was related to the computer age and specifications.

I have tried to identify the root cause in multiple forums, but have not found anything. Is there anything that can be done in order to improve the MS APPs startup? 

Thanks in advance,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Dear Adobe Support Team

This space is provided by Adobe, but it is not Adobe support

How to disable a program in Windows 10 startup
-Click the 'window pane' in the very bottom left corner of the Windows desktop
-Select * Settings
-Select Apps
-Select Startup
-Select/toggle the program you want to disable/enable
-BE VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU DISABLE SO YOU DON'T STOP WINDOWS FROM RUNNING
OR
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-can-i-disable-core-sync-and-updaters/td-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

16 GB of RAM isn't a lot of memory.  These days, 32 is better.  Depending on what all you do and how much is with video, you may need even more.

As a rule, I don't use Creative Cloud apps much when I'm using MS Office and vice versa. 

I close Creative Cloud Desktop with Ctrl + W > Quit.

And to save resources, I don't allow CC to launch on Windows boot up.  I prefer to launch it manually only when needed.

Disable all non-essential background apps and utilities.  This includes real time backups and virus scanning.  Delay those processes for off hours. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines