• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Adobe account won't let me activate Acobat XI Pro, even after deactivating all activations!

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help Please!  😞 

So I am having problems trying to activate (& reactivate) my own (old) copy of Adobe Acrobat XI Pro.
1. I have have this software for years. It has never failed me. I have moved it to new machines in the past without issue (even last year!).
2. Now, I re-downloaded it from my account, tried to put it on our new home computer, but account message said I needed to deactive another machine.  No problem. I have two activations now for this software (my old HP desktop & my MS Surface Pro.) I actually deactivated it from BOTH by mistake.
3. However, now I can't activate the program on eithe my new computer or my old desktop!

-even though I have ZERO activations!!(?). When trying I get the same error message: "The serial number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is already in use by the maximum allowed computers. You need to deactivate another computer within 21 days to use this product."
4. My account now shows that it is not/not in use and I have NO/NO activations for my copy of Adobe Acrobat XI PRo. . . yet Adobe website won't let me activate it!  This can't be correct!

Can you please help me with this?
5. What I need as an outcome:
#1) I plan to activate this AA XI Pro on our new desktop (a new HP desktop named "xxx-XX-Desktop").
#2) I plan to reactivate AA XI Pro on my old HP desktop (where AA XI PRo was/is installed/activated until about an hour ago!)
#3) I DO NOT PLAN to reactivate my Acrobat XI Pro on my Surface Pro 7. Our new desktop will fill that role going forward.

SO I will have still or again have only the two activations, that seems to be the limit. (and which had been working great for years!)

6. Trying this myself did not work - I have removed/reinstalled AA XI PRo on the new machine -rebooted it. On ling, my account now shows NO activations for this product --and yet I get the activation warning/error message. 😞

I am stuck! Thank you in advance

Mark

[PII removed by moderator]

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

you can contact adobe support and ask them to "reset your activation count".  there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter/x:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe re

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can contact adobe support and ask them to "reset your activation count".  there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter/x:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this information! 

I followed these steps and got a chat agent. 

The agent worked with me and seems to have fixed the problem! 

The activations seem to be working - the agent was VERY patient and careful and clear in walking me through the steps /actions! 

GREAT SERVICE

GREAT RESULT 

Thank YOU for pointing me in the correct direction!

Mark!  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

excellent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines