• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Adobe Creative Cloud Won't Show me New Updates, but other CC Accounts signed in on the same computer do.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a bit of a specific problem here.  At work, I just moved to a new computer and for whatever reason it doesn't let me update my apps in creative cloud to the newest versions.  It says all apps are up to date and no matter if I try and scan for updates in the CC client or download the latest version of premiere (what I need most) off the website manually it caps me at 12.1.2.  It seems to think that that is the highest version.

I have googled the problem pretty extensively and none of the solutions helped.  I tried going back to a previous version and updating again, I tried removing and then reinstalling CC completely, I have tried updating through Premiere while it's open and going to the page on adobe's website and downloading the latest version manually as previously mentioned - and it just opened up premiere without updating anything.

Now here's where it gets weird.  I told this to co-worker and started working at some of the other workstations instead and he has since started working on this computer and after some initial small issues he got CC to update just fine.  He said all he had to do was reinstall media encoder and premiere and it brought him to 13.1.  So I'm thinking okay cool, not sure why that worked for him but not me but whatever at least I have the work station back, but as soon as I sign into my CC account I am back to the same issue - it's stuck on 12.1.2 and won't acknowledge that there are newer versions.

I can use the newest versions fine with my CC account on any other computer, so I had thought it was something wrong with this computer itself, but if that were the case I don't know why my coworkers account worked so easily and how it can simultaneously work while mine doesn't, so I'm not sure what to even blame it on.  Is it an issue with my CC subscription, the computer, both?

The computer is Windows 10 Pro.  64 bit.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Okay, all is well.  I contacted Adobe support and they accessed my computer and fixed the problem.  I guess there were some permission issues but it looks like signing into the administrator login and reinstalling CC there worked out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Not sure if you seen this

Available updates not listed for Adobe Creative Cloud applications

It also could be an issue with your Windows logon account, have you tried deleting your logon profile and creating a new to see if that helps

User profiles can be deleted from here, you will of course need to logon with a different user account to delete yours

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for the response.

Yeah I should have mentioned that I have tried everything suggested in that page already.

There is only one user on this computer and it's the same user that my coworker was using when he was able to fix the issue so I'm not sure that the logon account is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah I thought your were logging onto the PC with different user accounts, that is strange, have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Adobe creative cloud app, you may need to kill some of the associated processes running in task manager

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have fully uninstalled and reinstalled CC twice now.  I also just tried using the CC cleaner tool and neither solutions have worked.  I'm at a complete loss 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, all is well.  I contacted Adobe support and they accessed my computer and fixed the problem.  I guess there were some permission issues but it looks like signing into the administrator login and reinstalling CC there worked out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

how do you contact adobe to get it fixed. i dont see any way to get them fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines