• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My After Effects 22.5 won't install

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Macbook Pro with MacOS Monterey 12.5. My previous device uses Windows and I had no problem installing it before.

I can install Photoshop and Media Encoder really well, but my installation for Adobe After Effects failed by the time the installation reached 92%. I retried it using previous version as well, but it still failed with Error code 183.

I already checked the required specifications to install after effects in my device, and it seems that it fulfills all the criteria. Any ideas how to fix this problem?

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you probably need to install rosetta 2.  among the ways to do this is to start Photoshop with the Intel version.  here are two other ways, How to Install Rosetta 2 on Apple Silicon Macs (osxdaily.com)

that's been the solution to a recent surge in mac problems (with new apple silicon macs) caused by premiere pro (and after effects) installs resulting in exit code 183.

there are also the older problems and fixes, https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/fix-error-183.html,

but you should try the rosetta 2 install first, because it's (the lack of) most likely the cause of your problem and the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines