• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My serial key stopped working

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased CS6 Master Collection in 2017. I have registered it with Adobe, all good.
My computer needed fixing, so everything was wiped, we started from scratch. We downloaded the package from Adobe but the registered key is not working anymore. It says it's been revoked, I should contact Customer support.
Customer support was very helpful guiding me through every step, just to download the same thing again and to use the same serial key.

Not being an expert I thought they've fixed the key somehow, that's why we're trying again (although first I thought I'm gonna get a new key, but what do I know?!) so I just entered the same key again, and it still doesn't work.
Can someone advice me what can be done now? Who should I contact to fix this?
I really think that if I purchase a product THAT expensive, it shouldn't just stop working. It's Adobe's responsibility to find out what went wrong, I'm not a technical person, but I am a customer, and a graphic designer, so I really need my working gear back on track asap!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Thanks for the update, Edit!  I wish you great success with your next creative project!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Editmagyar,

I'm sorry this is happening to you. It's incredibly frustrating.

Is is possible the copy of CS6 you purchased is fraudulent? If you did not get your software directly from Adobe (Adobe stopped selling CS6 in early January 2017, if memory serves) but rather from a reseller, there is a chance the item wasn't on the up and up. Adobe monitors and deactivates fraudulent serial numbers, but sometimes people who have one don't encounter a problem until they try to reinstall, as is the case with you.

For reference, here is Adobe's information on revoked serial numbers: Invalid or revoked serial numbers and Adobe Genuine Software​. I would recommend reading over that and then contacting Adobe directly again via Contact Customer Care to discuss options. If you purchased from a reseller, you can also try getting in touch with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased from a reseller, exactly because adobe stopped selling them. What other option did I have?

However I have registered the package with Adobe straight away, they accepted it, and that I take as a confirmation of it being genuine.

It has been reinstalled once already this April by myself (over a year after the purchase(, and the key was working. I actually got the key off my adobe account, from my registered product. Therefore I don't think this would be the case here. I have already contacted customer care, and the lady told me the problem is that my computer got wiped. However she could not tell me how to resolve it, I've been directed here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back and re-read reply #3

It is only AFTER a number of fraudulent registrations that Adobe is able to determine that the serial number that should be used by ONE COMPANY is being used by invalid users who do not work for the company that bought the license

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When someone registers a product with a key they know they sold to a company, they could just ask the buyer what the company name is, right? That can't be THAT hard.

If I don't know the name, adobe could just inform me, that someone sold me a package fraudulently, to give me a chance try and undo the purchase. That would save me from losing my money, cause I could have still got hold of the seller I got it from at that point. Now what am I to do?
All I mean is, how is a person like me expected to know where to buy the genuine products from, if adobe doesn't sell them anymore? Can we just be left alone with this issue with all responsibilities upon us, and Adobe is washing their hands?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EditMagyar  wrote

All I mean is, how is a person like me expected to know where to buy the genuine products from, if adobe doesn't sell them anymore?

Purchase only from an authorized Adobe reseller:

Adobe Partner Finders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I promise you I would have if I knew they're a thing. Adobe packages are not milk that you buy twice a week. Last time I bought one I bought it from Adobe when I was at Uni. Now when I bought this one Adobe wasn't selling them any more and I had no clue there is a thing as "authorised sellers".
And it's a bit too late to find out now, it seems...
But it was a useful information anyhow, for future reference, so thank you anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EditMagyar, sorry that you are facing errors when installing Master Collection CS6.  As DelphiZoa, PeruBob, and John have indicated, some factors could lead to a previous valid license as being listed as invalid.

I reviewed your account but only saw a recent interaction where you asked for a password reset.  If you can send me a private message with the serial number, you are using I will be happy to verify the validity.  You can mouseover my name in your public forum discussion to be given the option to Send a message. 

If you click View the full discussion link, in the e-mail notification, then you will be able to view your public forum discussion and send the private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have purchased from a reseller, exactly because adobe stopped selling them. What other option did I have?" If Adobe stopped selling something, it may be prudent to ask yourself "how it is that the reseller has something that Adobe don't sell any more?" The option you had was to pay for the current software rather than obsolete software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current one is creative cloud. I have considered that, but as a full-time mum working from home a monthly fix is not suitable for me. Sometimes I don't get a chance to work for months, how can I pay over £50 monthly when I don't earn anything in that given time period? The only solution for me is a package that I buy and have it on my mac, and use it when I need to.
Also, If (as you are insinuating) everything being sold by other than adobe is a pirate version, a statement by adobe should be made warning the people. But definitely not letting anyone register a new package on their own site after they have stopped its sale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit, we do have a month to month memberships available as well as single application memberships.  As Test Screen Name has indicated purchasing a new license for Creative Suite 6 is very risky.  In addition, there are reports that the applications themselves are failing to work correctly under modern versions of macOS and Windows.

I would recommend bookmarking Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud so you can see the current plans which are available.  Perhaps there is month to month or individual plan which will meet your needs for your next Creative project, Edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,
I have followed your link, got customer support, and although I didn't get my CS6 back as I wanted, I got a lovely offer for CC that I can afford on a monthly basis. It's for the best. I had great customer support, very helpful people, I'm pretty pleased with the outcome after all. Thank you for your help,

Best Regards,

Edit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Edit!  I wish you great success with your next creative project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, only I used my Adobe CS6 for many years, changed to different computers several times and now they said it is key code is illegal. Of course I would not have bought if it wasn't a legal copy and as everyone else has said, how would we know, since Adobe took the key code each time. I use Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Dreamweaver and Acrobat Pro. But now that I am retired, I only do occasional jobs to help nonprofits or friends and I do not get paid. I created several websites for friends, but do not charge for changes. I can not afford a monthly bill and am so upset that this has happened.  I could use these products a lot one month, then not use them for months. I tried looking at the adobe plan website, but the cheapest is $52. a month...forever!  Can anyone help on this? Who in customer service did you talk too? What link did you follow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,
I've sent you pm, I hope it went through.
Thank you very much for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Edit.  I have sent over my responses via private message.

For future viewers of this discussion, please see Invalid or revoked serial numbers which provide details on steps you can take if you face similar circumstances to, Edit.  The second link in Invalid or revoked serial numbers will put you in contact with a specialized chat support team who are enabled to help individuals in these circumstances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EditMagyar,

Again, I am so sorry you're going through this. I know it's not always easy to tell what's genuine and what isn't, especially given how sophisticated scammers have gotten. Regardless, it is unlikely Adobe is going to give you a new serial key if your old one is not genuine. You can and should try contacting them directly via the links I provided in my earlier response. An Adobe customer care representative may be able to suggest next steps. Perhaps they can also provide you with some concrete proof that the serial number was revoked because it was fraudulent, which could come in handy in trying to get your money back from the reseller and/or filing a complaint against that reseller. If the Adobe representative tries to redirect you to the forum before you get some answers, ask to speak to a supervisor. Although they don't provide technical troubleshooting for older software like CS6, phone and chat technicians are supposed to address concerns about serial numbers and licensing.

You should also absolutely contact the reseller and make a report. If they won't help you, you can look into filing a consumer complaint against that company (Filing a Consumer Complaint | USAGov ). In addition, if you made the purchase with a credit card, you might also contact the card issuer to see if it's still possible to dispute the original charge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased from a reseller, exactly because adobe stopped selling them. What other option did I have?

However I have registered the package with Adobe straight away, they accepted it, and that I take as a confirmation of it being genuine.

It has been reinstalled once already this April by myself (over a year after the purchase(, and the key was working. I actually got the key off my adobe account, from my registered product. Therefore I don't think this would be the case here. I have already contacted customer care, and the lady told me the problem is that my computer got wiped. However she could not tell me how to resolve it, I've been directed here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been cases where some resellers were illegally selling volume licences as individual licenses.  They were able to be registered, but later Adobe discovered the license violations and would not allow future validation of the licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that would be very unfair to the customers!
If even Adobe is unable to spot the fraudulent ones from the genuine ones with all their experts, how are we supposed to know?
If they inform us immediately when we try to register, we have a chance maybe to contact the seller and get our monies back (PayPal is good with that), but after 1 1/2 years..? They should just swallow it I think, and allow those future validations... That is my humble opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I‘m stating that the chances of any purchase of CS6 gets you a legitimate licensed version that keeps running is vanishingly small. Adobe stopped making it as well as selling it. If you don’t want to or can’t play the subscription game I can only recommend looking at other company’s Products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why not something like vegas pro 18 or movie studio?? something with pazaz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same thing happened to me, we should lawsuit against adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same thing has happened to me also, genuine product no longer accepts serial provided with software.? Very frustrating not to have Encore software any more, that was sooooo good.

I

m even signed up and buy the licence every month for Creative Cloud but it no longre includes Encore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines