Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

my software needs reinstallation

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I need to reinstall my Lightroom (I purchased version 4), but after I log in on my profile, I find the software I have purchased, but it says that the installer is no longer available. How can I get the installer for the software that I purchased?

-Tomas

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you purchase any program via download you should always make a copy to an external device... or two

Direct Download Links https://prodesigntools.com/tag/ddl MAY help
-you MUST do what it says in Note: Very Important Instructions
-https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html#download-instructions
-the prodesign links go directly to Adobe's file server, so this process
--will only work until Adobe completely removes the old version(s) from the server
IF/When you do have a download, be sure to copy it to AT LEAST one external device
-since Adobe does sometimes remove old versions from the server
-a usb flash drive or hard drive, or write to a DVD
-plus a text file containing your serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you Operating System Version Number is...?

You cannot install early Lightroom versions in Mac Catalina or Big Sur OS.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run Windows 10, latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are able to download the installer

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is not HOW to install the software, the problem is that Adobe has removed the option for downloading the software. So I wonder if can can find the installation file somewhere else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Pro Design link I provided does not have what you want, be VERY CAREFUL if you find someplace else... you may wind up downloading a hacked version that contains malware

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This ProDesign Tools page still seems to work from the 'Download' link-

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-4-is-out.html

(I did not download "Save" the ....exe file 788MB to test)

2021-06-26 08_09_52-Lightroom 4 is Out, Adobe Slashes Prices! Direct Download Links. _ ProDesignTool.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will try this one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR4 is very old software from 2012.  This might be a good opportunity for you to upgrade.

Creative Cloud Photography Plan  is a deeply discounted bundle for  $10/month for 12 months. It includes the very latest versions of these great products & services:
-- Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
-- Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
-- Lightroom Classic
-- Portfolio website + hosting
-- Spark with premium features
-- Bridge
-- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's old, but it does what I need. Unfortunatly the latest version is only available as a subscription. For someone not using the software a lot, it's very expensive. I think I payed for my version the same as only 4 months subscription. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the link WobertC provided works for you, be sure to do what I said and copy the download to at least one external device to have a backup in case your computer drive ever malfunctions... with, of course, a text file containing your serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines