• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need an update to install photoshop elements

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased "Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 & Adobe Premiere Elements 12" in 2013 for my Windows based Notebook computer, Then, in 2017 I purchased a iMac, I decided to install this Photoshop elements & premiere elements on my Mac today and it won't install, it says "Install.app” needs to be updated"and I need to contact the developer.

Would you have a solution for that.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st, you may not install a Windows program on a Mac

2nd, even if you have the Mac version it is too old to install on a newer Mac

You need to buy the current version... buy the disc at Amazon so you have both versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have both Versions, but, you say it is too old, meaning if I buy the
newer version and in a few years decide to buy a new Mac, the current
version will be too old and I will have to buy the current version again?
Is this what you mean???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time Apple makes a major change to the Mac operating system SOME number of old programs stop working

Your version 12 is 32bit and current Mac operating systems are 64bit and will not run 32bit programs

If you buy the current 2022 versions they SHOULD keep working for several years... but that is only if Apple does operating system upgrades that allow for old programs

There is no way that anyone here can tell you what Apple is going to do in the future

But, yes, it MAY happen that a future Mac will not run the current 2022 versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a good solution, again the consumer has to pay to fix the
corporations problems.
I have other older programs that updated automatically to install
themselves and they work very well, but, they are not ADOBE, go figure.

Not a happy consumer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This is not a good solution, again the consumer has to pay to fix the corporations problems."

It's not a problem for the corporations. This is their plan and Adobe are delighted that Apple break their old apps of course. So, YES, every time you upgrade MacOS or get a new Mac you need a budget for all new apps. It's part of the Joy Of Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not go back and update old programs for new operating systems

If you want to keep using an old program do not upgrade your operating system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>I have other older programs that updated automatically

Programs do not update automatically, the author must rewrite the program to make it work on new operating systems

Once upon a time I had Windows XP and Microsoft Office 97 - both the same company, not as here where Adobe and Apple are different companies

When Micorsoft came out with Windows 7 on the new computer I bought my perfectly good Office 97 would not work... it would not even install... so I had to buy a new version of Office

Microsoft COULD have updated Office 97 but the only response I got was keep WinXP to use that old version

Adobe also does not go back and update old programs when Apple changes their operating system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines