• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Adobe Captivate 12.3 Installation Error 106

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried multiple times to install new Adobe Captivate 12.3. But each time it stops at 78% showing error code: 106. Please help to identify the issue and to complete the installation. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did the get help link offer anything useful?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the help link did not help actually. It took to the find your error page. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html

For 106 error the solution is:

Error code 106 indicates an installation failure.

SOLUTION

Select Retry to try to install your app again.

Please let me know if you find any idea and thanks for moving it to correct forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't from Captivate directly, but is related to the 106 error. Can you try looking for the installers folders mentioned in these posts and see if deleting them work for you as well.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/install-error-code-106-plz-help-me/m-p/1...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/error-code-106/m-p/12077131

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this already. But it did not help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it meets the system requirements

Processor - 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1145G7 @ 2.60GHz, 2611 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
OS Name - Microsoft Windows 11 Enterprise
Version - 10.0.22621 Build 22621
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) - 16.0 GB
Hard disk drive - 67GB free
Resolution- 1920 x 1080 display

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RodWard 

is there anything different about captivate install issues (where i do not have expertise) vs cc app installation issues (where i have expertise)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate is not part of the Creative Cloud family of applications.  So it is quite possible there are fundamental differences in makeup.

I would suggest you need to get Adobe Support to help debug your installation issues.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thak you for your suggestion. Let me check and connect with Adobe Support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RodWard, thank you for responding.

@gyanar45314240 

there are 2 ways to contact adobe support; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:
if you have or want to purchase a subscription, use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter/x:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @kglad  for your guidance.

I will update my experience/workaround after contacting with support. I do have a subscription. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, keep us updated, and if you're able to report what support does to fix the issue, it will help others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines