• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New hard drive fitted

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to have a new hard drive fitted. I was assured that all my programs from my old one would work on the new drive.... Everything else does, but not Photoshop, (CS6), keeps saying that my trial period has finished????
I have the original passs code to cancel this, but can't find anywhere to put it so to speak???
Any help would be greatly received.
Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know who assured you, but you can't migrate adobe programs (ps and otherwise) and expect no problems.  anyway,

if you can open ps > click help > click activate.  you'll be prompted for your serial number to replace the trial with an activated ps.

if you can't do that, do you have your serial number stored somewhere and do you have your installation file?

if yes and yes, you'll need to uninstall>clean and then > reinstall and activate your ps. let me know and i'll give you step by step instructions.

if no to either or both, you can probably work around those problems, let me know and i'll give you the cs6 links and serial number recovery instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, No, I lost my old CS-4 and asked Adobe for the serial number so I could reinstall it.
Seems they done keep wthem after two years, so I was out of luck?
He offered me CS-6 and Lightroom 5.7 for a fee just over £250, but he installed it remotely?
So I have no insatlation discs? (Lightroom is working perfectly btw)
Like I've mentioned below, my serial number only has five sets of four digits and not six?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no adobe serial number has 5 sets of 4 digits.  you're looking at something else.

to confirm embed a screenshot of the document with your serial number (after blacking-out the actual numbers, but still showing the number of digits).

note 1: the cs6 installation files, you can download, https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

note 2: there are several possible ways to find/recover an adobe serial number.

1. search purchased materials: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html

2. you can check your account (if you purchased from or registered with adobe AND you remember the adobe id used to purchase/register), https://accounts.adobe.com

3. if your adobe program is installed on another computer you can recover its serial number from that computer, (win:) http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html (mac:) https://mac-product-key-finder.com/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I downloaded Belare and hey presto..... (24 digits long), So I'll injput that and fingers crossed?> lol
Thank you for your help kind sir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nah, Seems I'm using the wrong email address??? Lord knows which wone I need????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you don't need an email address to install or activate cs6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to license it, I have to ‘log in’ and that means using my email address?

i spent several hours talking to their ‘virtual assistant’ 4 different people in all and for some very strange reason, the email associated with this serial number, isn’t mine? How can I use the program for seven years, only to now have it say it’s not licensed? I just don’t get it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

cs6 requires no login.

did you install anything adobe cc on your c drive?

if so, that will need to be properly removed or you'll need to have a subscription and sign into cc.  will guide you if either applies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He offered me CS-6 and Lightroom 5.7 for a fee just over £250, but he installed it remotely?

By @trevorb28522882

Are you sure you were talking directly to Adobe?  They don't do that.  They only offer Creative Cloud apps in place of CS apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but this was way back in 2015 As I'd retired from full time photography, (I was 70 at the time), I said I didn't need the latest iCloud based system. After a short standoff, I was offered CS6 and Lightroom 5.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but this was way back in 2015.

By @trevorb28522882

=========

I see.  Sorry for the confusion. I was distracted by GOP Jesus, didn't notice the 2015 part. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHAT???  Anybody offering to sell you discontinued CS6 is a scammer, run away!  You're not talking to Adobe support. 

1. Adobe quit selling Creative Suite products in 2017.  The activation servers for CS2-4 don't exist anymore.  You canot activate the software even if you have the original installation disks.

2. Cut your losses now while you still can and buy modern software that's compatible with modern computers.  

MODERN OPTIONS:
Photoshop Elements or Premier Elements (approx $100, no subscription needed).
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 12 months). Includes the following:

• Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
  • Camera Raw
  • Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
  • Lightroom Classic
  • Portfolio website + hosting
  • Adobe Express (free starter plan)
  • Bridge
  • 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
  • Free upgrades for paid subscribers

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Premium Adobe Express ($10/month).

• Adobe Express App (web and mobile)
  • Premiere Rush (desktop and mobile)
  • Photoshop Express (mobile)
  • Spark Video (mobile)
  • Spark Page (mobile)
  • Adobe Portfolio + hosting
  • 100 GB of cloud storage
  • All premium templates and design assets including the collection of over 160 million royalty-free Adobe Stock photo collection.

https://helpx.adobe.com/express/using/express-overview.html

Creative Cloud All Apps (51 + apps & services) and Single App Plans
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam. Real Adobe employees will never reach out via Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail or Skype.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read what he said?

"this was way back in 2015"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been a long time since I installed CS6 on my old computer but I **think** there is a place to check when you press F1 for help to enter your serial number to activate the program... serial number is 6 sets of 4 numbers with no letters

Do NOT post a serial number in a public forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John, I have the serial number and I've tried to use  'Enter licence number' on the 'your dree trail has ended.
But, my serial No is only 5 sets of four? see attached.
(I have found it buried in small print and it's the same as the one I have 5x4)?
Pressing F1 brings up, 404 page not found?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum, you NEVER post a serial number !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But, my serial No is only 5 sets of four? see attached.

By @trevorb28522882

That is because the program doesn't show you the whole serial number.

In this example, You only see 20 digits, even though the full serial number is 24 digits.

s no.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The serial number I found using Belare is the correct length!!
And nothing like the one I thought it was???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines